As much as I hate bathroom threads.... - Page 2

As much as I hate bathroom threads....

This is a discussion on As much as I hate bathroom threads.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love the honesty in the threads here. I don't think I've ever dropped anything gun related into the pot, but I have lost two ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    I love the honesty in the threads here. I don't think I've ever dropped anything gun related into the pot, but I have lost two (deuce) phones that way. Once I even had the wife on the line when it went in.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My magazine carrier is a nylon pouch used for a Leatherman, with a velcro flap over the top. It has to be threaded onto the belt so it won't come off, and it's good that I don't have to hide it and people can't tell it isn't just a multi-tool.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

I love my BH CQC mag carrier.

Haven't lost a mag (or gun) in the pooper yet though.
    Ohhh the crap Lima must give ya.....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Better to drop the mag in the bowl and not the firearm! Been there, done that. Will never do it again!!!
    Or for that matter, your cell phone. Although I quickly retreived it, the life of the phone was right then and there permanently ended. At least the firearm would not be permanently ruined if properly cleaned. I am uncertain about the lasers.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No need to clean 'dropped' mags, just put them in the gun and "shoot the crap out of 'em".
    It appears that you have been in the same situation before
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I would have loved to seen the expression on your face. Thanks for the laugh.
    I honestly didn't know what it was at first, I figured I knocked something off the sink and it fell in. The look on my face was probably one of complete surprise and the exact words that I recall saying were "You gotta be kiddin' me" and "The forum is going to love this"

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I love the honesty in the threads here. I don't think I've ever dropped anything gun related into the pot, but I have lost two (deuce) phones that way. Once I even had the wife on the line when it went in.
    With all due respect, did you need to sleep in the garage that night?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

GMS
    If you are refering to a Fobus mag holder, the lack of adjustable tension can be easily fixed. A small piece of self-adhesive felt (or the fuzzy side of velcro) can be placed on the outer body wall of the carrier extending about 1 inch down inside from the top edge. Just make sure to place the felt piece near the rear edge of where the magazine will be located and wrap a small length up and over the top edge to prevent the magazine feed lips from catching on the felt and dragging it down into the mag carrier. For heavier double stacked mags, a nylon-tipped set screw can be added as well to the lower body wall in a position that will provide positive retention pressure but not touch the feed lips.

This seems like a lot of effort, but I have yet to find a mag carrier that holds this tight to your body while being quick to remove (paddle vs. threaded belt loops). The BH CQC carriers are nice, but the spring steal retention leaf and removable belt clip add extra thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    That just reaffirms the fact that any time you think you might find yourself in deep doo doo...always have at least one extra magazine on your person.

BTW...that would probably be this one that JD is talking about:
    It may work great of single stack mags, but I find my double stack 16 round XD mags to be kind of on the loose side. In fact, if I turn it upside down and give it a mild shake, it slides right out.

I'm presently looking for a replacement. I do like the belt clip on that mag carrier. One of the most secure clips I've seen.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Two days ago, one of my co-workers flushed his car keys. Down they went, never to be seen again.
    My ex-girlfriend did that too. She was a real winner and did dumb things all the time so I wasn't surprised.

Well at least you now have one very clean mag.

Now tell us what you would have said had this happened in a public restroom, or if you would have just left the mag or tried to flush it.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links