mapping 1000' bubble around all schools

This is a discussion on mapping 1000' bubble around all schools within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Understood... my house is within 1000 ft of 4 schools.... LOL....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mapping 1000' bubble around all schools

Understood... my house is within 1000 ft of 4 schools.... LOL.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I have a question for Colorado mainly but what if you work at or frequent places that are within 1000' ft bubble of a school. I live around many small towns and the majority of the town is within 1000ft. what is the ruling? The store/restraunt I eat at at least 2 days a week is accross the road from a school.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I searched hand gun laws and couldn't find anything regarding if you work within 1000' ft of a school but not on school property or if you frequent places in that zone.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Great map.

It highlights why I love having a CCW--in CA it means that GFSZ mean nothing to me.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Our laws state (assuming you do not have a CC licnese, which are exempt anyway) that if you are at work or home, even in a school zone, you can legally open carry a gun. Outside of that, cities can regulate whether they allow open carry or not, and where.

Several states exempt you if your home is within the 1000 ft zone. I don't know how many do or don't exempt you at work. Ours does. You would have local ordinances to review on open carry past that. Remember, this is if you do not have a CC license.

PM
    I have to remember not to park in the lot next to my house when I have firearms in the car. It is a lot for the middle school and yes I am within the 1000' of said school. I look at it this way; the law is like a lot of the other laws passed at the time; it is was part of the "War on Drugs" during the Ron R's presidence. It's intent is a tack on charge for drug dealers. Not saying the BATF could not use it to get gun owners but I do not think the locals will use it in that way at least currently in my state.

Crap like this will be much easier to deal with if we didn't have an oppressive government in the first place.... You could carry up to the private school you have chosen for your kids with a gun on your hip, and as long as you weren't infringing on someone elses natural rights, everything would be AOK
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links