Printing penalty

This is a discussion on Printing penalty within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't wish to advertise when I'm packing. Printing is avoided like poison ivy, poisonous snakes, STD's, broken glass on the road, ect.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Printing penalty

Talking

I don't wish to advertise when I'm packing.

Printing is avoided like poison ivy, poisonous snakes, STD's, broken glass on the road, ect....

2. Remove Ads

GM
    No printing law in FL.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Here in North Dakota the law reads: "A firearm or dangerous weapon is concealed if it is carried in such a manner as to not be discernible by the ordinary observation of a passerby. There is no requirement that there be absolute invisibility of the firearm or dangerous weapon, merely that it not be ordinarily discernible." That seems to leave a lot of leeway, and I've never heard of anyone having a problem with printing here. According to that description, the bottom of the holster could even be showing, if it looks like the bottom of a phone or something. As far as bulges go, a lot of things can cause bulges under a shirt, including a fanny pack, multiple pagers, and even a colostomy bag or other medical devices. A shirt would have to be really skin-tight to give a clear enough outline of a gun to be a problem. (in ND anyway)

If "printing" in this context means "unconcealed," then Maryland is a state that prohibits printing. If you're one of the fortunate few who can convince the State Police to issue you a CCW, you'll lose your permit quickly if your weapon ever is unconcealed.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    If "printing" in this context means "unconcealed," then Maryland is a state that prohibits printing. If you're one of the fortunate few who can convince the State Police to issue you a CCW, you'll lose your permit quickly if your weapon ever is unconcealed.

Rob
    I lived in Maryland for 18 years, all but two of it in Baltimore County and Baltimore City, and spent more money that I care to remember trying to get a carry permit. Calling Maryland a may-issue state is the same as calling the Mayor of Chicago a 2nd Amendment supporter.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Mark IL NM View Post
    This is what many refer to as "printing"--i.e, the outline of the firearm is plainly discernable [sic] to an observer
    Many may refer to it, but they do so incrrectly. Texas does not have a printing law. Period. Having a g/f who is a former Ft Bend county prosecutor, she can count on zero fingers the number of printing arrests she has seen. Same with prosecutions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links