CC confidence booster

CC confidence booster

This is a discussion on CC confidence booster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to my friends graduation yesterday and last night (it's a full weekend thing with three events we Adventist do it big LOL) I ...

Thread: CC confidence booster

CC confidence booster

I went to my friends graduation yesterday and last night (it's a full weekend thing with three events we Adventist do it big LOL) I decided to conceal OWB with my shirt untucked.

Through all the hugging (I also graduated from the school and there were a lot of old classmates and family) and bumping I only got made once. While at lunch I was putting my mobile back in it's case and one of my other friends caught sight of the holster. This lead to a discussion about guns. He is about to pick up a glock j/k

But in all it was a great day. I'm still wet behind the ears when it comes to CC but I am getting to the point where I sometimes forget it's there, well that is I am not paranoid that everyone can see I'm carrying, and it has become second nature to put it on my hip. So yesterday, last night especially, made me even more comfortable.

Thanks for the great info guys!! Just felt like sharing

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Turned down the paranoia a notch, did you?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    But in all it was a great day. I'm still wet behind the ears when it comes to CC but I am getting to the point where I sometimes forget it's there, well that is I am not paranoid that everyone can see I'm carrying, and it has become second nature to put it on my hip.
    Job well done!

It will become a second nature. Welcome to the world of CC!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

As we say locally (sometimes), "Y'll done good."

It'll become second nature.

Then you'll feel naked / paranoid w/o it.
    Last edited by DaveH; May 9th, 2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day all around!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

CC'ing to a HS graduation ceremony in TX would be illegal as it would be considered a "school function" ... it doesn't have to be on school property (ie. field trips, ceremonies, etc.). Our local HS has their grad. ceremonies at an off-site auditorium, couldn't legally CC to that function being that it's a school sanctioned event.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Turned down the paranoia a notch, did you?
    LOL!!! By like a million

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    CC'ing to a HS graduation ceremony in TX would be illegal as it would be considered a "school function" ... it doesn't have to be on school property (ie. field trips, ceremonies, etc.). Our local HS has their grad. ceremonies at an off-site auditorium, couldn't legally CC to that function being that it's a school sanctioned event.
    This was a University graduation from a private institution...would the laws in TX still prohibit CCing?

Congrats, and like mentioned before, you'll soon feel naked when you are NOT carrying :)

Most people are oblivious to the fact that there are people around carrying a weapon. If your weapon is seen printing most people will just think it is a big cell phone. Great confidence booster any way you look at.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Links