What Do you think about this?

This is a discussion on What Do you think about this? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Holder: Ga. Airport Gun Law 'Worrisome' POSTED: Friday, May 7, 2010 UPDATED: 1:54 pm EDT May 7, 2010 ATLANTA -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder ...

Thread: What Do you think about this?

What Do you think about this?

Holder: Ga. Airport Gun Law 'Worrisome'
    POSTED: Friday, May 7, 2010
    UPDATED: 1:54 pm EDT May 7, 2010
    ATLANTA -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder called legislation that would allow guns in the terminal of the nation's busiest airport "very worrisome."
    Appearing Thursday before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Holder said al-Qaida successfully targeted aircraft in the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 and continue to look at airliners as potential terrorist tools.
    Last week, the Georgia Legislature passed a bill that would permit loaded weapons to be carried in the publicly accessible parts of airports in the state not controlled by the federal government. That includes Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world's busiest.
    Gov. Sonny Perdue has yet to signal whether he would sign the bill.
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

2. Remove Ads

Can't really express my true feelings about the terrorists defender, but I know the GA carriers have fought this battle for a long time.

I think we law-abiding citizens should be able to carry wherever it's legal. An airport is not an exception.

Sign the bill!

Bad guys are going to carry regardless...

Why should legal gun owners be limited (outside "secure" areas of airports)?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have to agree that the BG is gonna carry regardless of any law or sign that says he cannot. Why should we as law abiding citizens be limited as to where we may carry and defend ourselves against these people...legally?
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

I feel you should be able to carry wherever. My question though is aside from picking up, dropping off, catching a flight or getting off a flight how many people are hanging around airports?

VIP Member
    It was apparent from the start Holder and his ilk are gungrabbers from way back.
    His Ilk being just about everyone Obama took to Washington, when he got elected
    It does not suprise me in the least.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Bad guys are going to carry regardless...

Why should legal gun owners be limited (outside "secure" areas of airports)?
    Not if it's properly posted!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

But they do it every chance they get. We need to stay vigilant.

[QUOTE=oneshot;1611348]

It was apparent from the start Holder and his ilk are gungrabbers from way back.
    His Ilk being just about everyone Obama took to Washington, when he got elected
    It does not suprise me in the least.

It is pretty obvious that Mr. Holder is one of the many anti's in the federal govt. It is more troubling that he is the Atty General.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

TX allows CC in the unsecured areas of airports, & I have yet to see the terminals or carousels turn red with blood from all the shootouts over luggage, line-cutting to the ticket counters, etc. I frequent the airport several times weekly, CC'ing all throughout the unsecured ticketing & baggage claim areas, while picking up & dropping off clients. I never have the need to go through security as I'm not the one traveling.

TX code below specifies secured areas of airports as being prohibited to CC'ing (obviously). Unsecured areas are not referenced, & confirmed by my CHL instructor (former LEO) as being OK to CC in unsecured areas of TX airports.

PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits
    an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly posTEXAS
    CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §46.03. 39
    sesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon
    listed in Section 4S.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution,
    any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or
    educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation
    vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or
    educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written
    regulations or written authorization of the institution;
    (2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or
    while early voting is in progress;
    (3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by
    the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization
    of the court;
    (4) on the premises of a racetrack; or
    (5) in or into a secured area of an airport.
    (S) within 1 ,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated
    by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of
    execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day
    that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated
    premises and the person received notice that:
    (A) going within 1 ,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed
    under this subsection was prohibited; or
    (B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within
    1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.
    (b) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsections (a)(1 )-(4) that
    the actor possessed a firearm while in the actual discharge of his official
    duties as a member of the armed forces or national guard or a
    guard employed by a penal institution, or an officer of the court.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Premises· has the meaning assigned by Section 4S.035.
    (2) "Secured area" means an area of an airport terminal building
    to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property
    under federal law.
    Last edited by KimBobTex; May 9th, 2010 at 09:33 PM.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

In Minnesota you already can. Similar to Texas. To quote KimBobTex
    "have yet to see the terminals or carousels turn red with blood from all the shootouts over luggage, line-cutting to the ticket counters, etc."

TB
    "Guns don’t injure or kill people, I have never seen a court case where a gun was sent to prison instead of the person who used it."
    Unknown

If it were up to Holder, we would all be disarmed. Just more of the anti-gun hype that will get worse before it gets better! Stay vigilant!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

I guess it never occurred to Mr. Holder that they targeted the planes with BOX CUTTERS!!!! Typical, connect an emotional incident to guns, regardless of whether guns were present, to elicit an emotional response. Hey genius, loaded guns are already illegal on the plane! YOu would think the AG would know that. Not that facts matter much to him.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I guess it never occurred to Mr. Holder that they targeted the planes with BOX CUTTERS!!!! Typical, connect an emotional incident to guns, regardless of whether guns were present, to elicit an emotional response. Hey genius, loaded guns are already illegal on the plane! YOu would think the AG would know that. Not that facts matter much to him.
    Well, look at all of them, facts mean little up there period anymore. Why should he be any different.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "The sky is falling; the sky is falling!"

No more, no less.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links