To Orlando from Georgia

This is a discussion on To Orlando from Georgia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tommy3rd you have no idea... live here in Jersey. Or NYC (not state), WI, IL, or DC for that matter. you'll appreciate ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Orlando from Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by tommy3rd View Post
    you have no idea... live here in Jersey. Or NYC (not state), WI, IL, or DC for that matter. you'll appreciate the FL and GA laws.
    lol, i love the FL self defense laws but like the GA permit process better.
    since i will need to get a FL permit i think i might use this to get my mom to finally get her permit by taking her with me. maybe my brother will go, we can make it a family outing!
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

2. Remove Ads

If you go to one of the FL regional offices...in person...you can have your license in 2-3 weeks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well you actually never needed the GFL in georgia in the first place....because you were military you were exempt from the carry laws same as a policeman and others enumerated in OCGA 16-11-130

your military training should get you the training taken care of for the florida permit but you really need to get the FL license(in fact since you're a florida resident you probably cant carry on your GA permit even before you move back???? )
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by JLUSAF View Post
    I actually have bought handguns in FL without the wait and with a GA CCW permit but that was active duty military. but it was still with the GA permit.
    wow that's interesting, i am also active duty and I just bought a Glock 30 two weeks ago and they wouldn't let me use my Ohio CCW permit to get out of the 3-day wait! i wonder what the actual law says.

btw, i have an appt to get my Florida permit this morning. leaving in a few minutes. I decided to get it since my ohio permit is expiring.

I'd think you would want a permit from the state of residence. Apply in person at the Department of Agriculture office in Orlando. Call first. You'll have your Florida CC in five days.

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    well you actually never needed the GFL in georgia in the first place....because you were military you were exempt from the carry laws same as a policeman and others enumerated in OCGA 16-11-130
    I caried like this for a while but got my permit since it was really easy and so i wouldn't get hassled.

I just got off the phone with the Orlando Licensing division and they told me that all i need is my DD 214 and that will suffice for the class/training requirement. So i am going to make an appointment with them once i get my DD From 214 and should get my permit within a couple of weeks.
    Glock 19, Trijicon Night Sights, Hogue Slip on Grip & 124gr Gold-Dots
    With an Adam's Holster Texas IWB Holster (Cowhide w/ Ostrich Trim)

FYI, my wife went to the Dept of Ag here in Jax and she got her permit 8 days later (took me almost 3 months by mail). The one problem is that they take 1 person every 30 mins so she had to make an appt about 5 weeks before she could get in. If you have a good idea of when you can do it, make your appt now.
    I am the Walrus...Goo Goo Goo Joob

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” –Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links