Naked

This is a discussion on Naked within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Donít worry, be happy, and make shore you can still sprint....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naked

Donít worry, be happy, and make shore you can still sprint.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It's a good opportunity to realize a gun isn't your only option!
    It has given me new perspective. One time in SA we were being stalked by a gang of thugs in Durbin. I had the pepper in my left hand, expandable batton in the right and fighting folder in the pocket. My plan was a preemtive strike. When I wheeled around and whipped the baton open, I raised the pepper to begin spraying them. They turned on their heels and vamoosed. Maybe they were looking for an easy target, or maybe they thought the spray was a firearm, I don't know, just glad it didn't happen. When I got state side, all of a sudden I now feel comfortable with a jframe and speed strip. Improvise, adapt and overcome. I will say a little NAA revolver would have felt like the hammer of Thor in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    How do you cope with feeling so naked?
    I’m sorry for your situation - life isn’t fair at times. Hang in there.

Lots of excellent replies, though. The mind really is a powerful weapon.

My 2 cents – I never purposely put myself in a situation I’m not able to carry in the States.

I’ve felt naked a few times, like when I’d to take pain meds that prevented me from legally carrying in Minnesota - take a Vicodin and you're felon!

I only went out with my wife who carries or made other arrangements. Despite all the training in martial arts and with the knife, I don’t feel those adequate self-defense options in my situation. I relied on pepper spray on a couple occasion while taking my German Shepherds out for a walk.

SA is the main tool for any law-abiding citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Try going out of the country, around the world where you cant carry and then tell me about feeling naked.
    Actually, I’ve never felt naked while living abroad. I’ve lived in many countries I absolutely felt safe all the time (Switzerland, Norway, Japan, etc.), and in places like Israel there were plenty of firearms always around to feel secure. Naturally, in most of those countries, especially in Europe, even when I did posses a weapons permit (not a carry permit), there was no way I’d have carried a gun and defended myself with it – the SD laws suck big time.

America, with some exceptions, is the greatest place on earth.

aedinius -- I sure hope your situation will improve soon ..

Stay safe.

I feel that way every day as I lock my handgun in my truck and head into work. OC spray in the pocket is the only option I've got.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

So far, I've not tried OC spray, but I have started carrying a collapsible baton with me on the places I cannot carry. Just knowing I have that still helps to keep my SA up, and something is better than nothing, IMO.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    keep in mind that depending on your state laws other weapons may be included in the no carry list...get a good look at it and make sure youre compliant with what you are carrying and where...

retsup said it best...suck it up and live with it...in general you are surrounded by weapons wherever you are...be creative and alwsy aware of what you can utilize in a bad situation...there are quite a few other options than guns...

VIP Member
    Back when I was a LEO in California, getting caught with a gun was a misdemeanor whereas getting caught with a nightstick was a felony.
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

I will paraphrase Lance Armstrong:

It's not about the gun.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Unfortunately, there are places we cannot go and carry. I travel to NYC almost weekly, so I know the feeling. I think if you have no way around it, you learn to live with it as best as you can.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links