Wife's college prepared what to do in case of shooting video.

This is a discussion on Wife's college prepared what to do in case of shooting video. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPDATE: See post 25. The school was doing a good thing. My wife is a CC permit holder. Due to the 1-2 combo of her ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife's college prepared what to do in case of shooting video.

Wife's college prepared what to do in case of shooting video.

UPDATE: See post 25. The school was doing a good thing.

My wife is a CC permit holder. Due to the 1-2 combo of her job not allowing carry (not even in the car) and that she attends college two times a week, she really can't CC.

Her college prepared a video for every student to watch that let them know that CC was not legal on campus. That if there is a shooting, they should run, hide, and if those options are not available pick up rocks and books to defend themselves.

I was so dumbfounded (as was she) that we have to wonder if those who put together the video are pro-carry, and were doing some disguised message that CC should be legal.
    Last edited by Thanis; May 12th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Unfortunately, I believe people producing the video are just as ignorant as the asinine production sounds.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is unprotected during the day for hours.

Stay safe, both of you.

VIP Member
    It is hard to believe that educated people... in fact educators, could possibly be that stupid!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by tom n8ies View Post
    I would just carry (at college) and keep my mouth shut. No one would ever have to know.
    tom
    While I kind of agree with you there (the laws suck) and would rather 'break the law.' But, I'm like - I think - most law-abiding CCers and respect the letter of the stupid law and I'd not carry at the campus. (If I understood correctly, the OP's wife is working at the college?)

[I've generated one parking tick and pulled over twice in my life. The ticket I received in Norway. I was pulled over in Sri Lanka for using headlights in the rain, and two weeks after moving to MN a state trooper pulled me over because my CA registered TransAm GTA did not have a front plate. Those are my crimes during the last 30 years.]

I made the hard decision not to carry or go anywhere I can't legally posses a firearm for protection. If my gun is prohibited, I won't enter, or I'll arrange security for myself prior to entering a gun-free zone.

So, federal buildings - forget them - and schools - forget them too, no volunteering anymore - are forever places I'll not enter voluntarily.

Luckily here in Minnesota the Ban Signs carry no weight in general.

Stupid feel-good video that is only going to get innocent people killed
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 12th, 2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: cleaned up language work around

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    It is hard to believe that educated people... in fact educators, could possibly be that stupid!
    And yet, they are!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Thank God I found a couple of 45 caliber rocks!! Idiots....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    pick up rocks and books to defend themselves.
    Are there rocks lying about the classroom? What about books? It has been years since I have been in a higher learning classroom, but even my childrens school does not have an abundance of books lying around, just the ones the students carry.

This is ridiculous. This sounds as if they might have been told they had to get a video and just threw it together. Perhaps their liability insurance goes down if they have a video? Something to think about

Since college is a business, I wonder if transferring somewhere else (Colorado State comes to mind) is an option?

I'm being somewhat sarcastic but tuition dollars were spent to create what can only be described as an assinine video.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Administrator
    Setting the ccw option's aside, I applaud the school in taking on the shooting topic head on. Finally, schools are starting to realize that telling students to cower in a corner and wait their turn to be slaughtered isn't a very good idea.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    at least the message to fight is finally working its way through...its a step in the right direction...

will they be providing self defense with books and rocks classes?...a whole new curriculum could be introduced...

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Say, maybe that guy in California could teach it - "Rocks and Books for Self-Defense and Revolution" or something like that. Could probably get a grant for it.

Apologies for my professional brethren - I'm an old Biology teacher - problem is that they're human, they see what they want to see, they're used to being the authority on everything, and the worst most have seen of the real world is spitwads. We recommend homeschooling, where the teachers all carry. Kids, too, if they want - my daughter had Krav Maga and Pistol I on the application transcript we submitted to her college.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    My wife is a CC permit holder. Due to the 1-2 combo of her job not allowing carry (not even in the car) and that she attends college two times a week, she really can't CC.

Her college prepared a video for every student to watch that let them know that CC was not legal on campus. That if there is a shooting, they should run, hide, and if those options are not available pick up rocks and books to defend themselves.

I was so dumbfounded (as was she) that we have to wonder if those who put together the video are pro-carry, and were doing some disguised message that CC should be legal.
    That's the stinking Palestinian MO. Go to a gunfight and throw rocks. It works really well I hear.

Coming soon to a college near you...high capacity book bags and deep concealment rock holsters!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

.......heressssssssss your sign!
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Thank God I found a couple of 45 caliber rocks!! Idiots....
    Why do I always find the distinguished members always witty and they make my day every day here at DC?

.45 rocks

Good one, thanks for making me smile.
    Last edited by MN2Go; May 12th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links