How many handguns have you carried...

This is a discussion on How many handguns have you carried... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually only carry one. On rare occasions two. On one occasion, I carried three....with no problem at all. It was a specific issue going ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many handguns have you carried...

I usually only carry one. On rare occasions two. On one occasion, I carried three....with no problem at all. It was a specific issue going on with an unstable person that was unhappy with a decision I had to make thanks to a situation he created. The police were involved. I still keep my eye over my shoulder, but only carry one at a time.

Just to prove a point to my wife when she said, "Why did you buy another gun. You can only carry one at a time." I went to the bedroom and successfully concealed a .357 in a shoulder holster, a 9mm IWB, a 40 OWB, 2 38 snub revolvers (one in each pocket) and a 22 on my ankle. That's 6 total. I walked around inside the house for about 30 minutes and then did "the reveal". She had no idea. That's why I wear loose fitting pleated front pants and very large tacky looking Hawaiian shirts. She didn't have a clue and I made my point. I may have won that battle, but I'm fairly certain I'm losing the war.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I'm usually carrying only my primary (1911, G26, or Beretta92), but occasionally I find the need for a BUG.

The most I've carried on me was a NY reload (442 & 640) with my Beretta 92 with 3 magazines. I'd my AK and shotgun in the car during the short trip to downtown.

Since my life changed, I feel the need for a BUG a more realistic option - unfortunately.

Usual is two, but if the "primary" is a revolver my minimum is three. The most I've ever concealed is four, with the smallest being a J-Frame Snubbie.

Biker

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Normally two, a 1911 and an Elsie Pea.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I carry only one gun at a time
    Most of the time its a 9mm of some type but when its hot
    I may carry a pocket .380 .
    My brain is my first defensive weapon, the gun is my last.
    I see no need to load out like I'm staring in the movie Matrix.
    It is my opinion that in a self defense situation anyone that
    has a major failure of their primary gun WILL DIE.
    Time is just too compressed to get out a seconded/backup
    gun while someone is trying to kill you.
    Just make sure your gun is reliable and you know how it use it.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

One for me. Kimber 1911 4" with an extra mag.

The Girlfriend (tm), who was a tree hugging liberal when I first met her, now carries two sometimes -- Glock 19 and a snubbie.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Example

With the right rig and coat, you can easily carry 6....

1 is enough for me, and I hope I never have to to use it.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

"Elsie Pea" cute... took me a few minutes to figure that out. LCP, correct??? Never discount someone knocking your primary gun out of your hand and needing a second gun, or a gun malfunction. If there is reason to carry one, there is probably enough reason to support carrying two. Just my $.02 Bunker

Check some of Grady's posts. I think he holds the record.
    Semper Fi

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    "Elsie Pea" cute... took me a few minutes to figure that out. LCP, correct???
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya...

Seriously, always at least two. Most I've ever carried was four, with winter clothes and a J-frame in a coat pocket for accessibility.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    There's a picture in John Bianchi's book, "Blue Steel and Gunleather" of John concealing a dozen or so guns. I think it was 21 now that I think about it, but I'm too lazy to look it up in the book. It was a bunch of guns. He's wearing a business suit and you can't see a thing until he removes his jacket and pulls up his trouser legs. Pretty impressive. He wasn't shown walking anywhere.

I carry one.
    Ahh yes, those were the days. I met John and his daughter (Hope) back in the seventies a few times, as he was the king of leather and sponsored events. Every piece of equipment I carried as a LEO was from his Temecula, CA based company.

Oh, I almost forgot; I only carry one gun at a time, even when I was a LEO.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I usually carry one, sometimes two. When I was a LEO I have carried three or even four in a few cases.

When I teach soilders to search I do a demo with 14 to 16 handguns, 5 to 6 knives and a compac shotgun all concealed in baggy pants and loose shirt.

Doc

I have answered my front door carrying two glocks before. Whenever a suspicious individual is walking around the neighborhood bothering people by trying to sell something or in most cases doing a fake survey so that they can case the joint, I always answer the door wearing a pistol in plain sight. The other day I was arriving home from work and saw an obviously homeless person going door to door with a clipboard. I strapped on 2 glocks and waited for him to get to my house. It wasnt a long conversation :D
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links