How many handguns have you carried...

This is a discussion on How many handguns have you carried... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two, but 99% of the time one....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many handguns have you carried...

Two, but 99% of the time one.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

2. Remove Ads

The most I've "carried" was 4ish. M2 on the chicken plate, M4 w/ 203 on the inside of the turret and a AT4 behind the hatch lid. Other than that...it's always 2. A Primary and a BUG.
    FL CWL
    Member of:
    USCCA
    NRA
    GCO
    IDPA

Vern, Thank you for your service to our great country...Its men and women like you who serve and have served in the past that allow me to keep my 2nd ammendment rights. Cheers! Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Check some of Grady's posts. I think he holds the record.
    Semper Fi
    Plus as Grandpa would say, "He is a pistol."
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

VIP Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Check some of Grady's posts. I think he holds the record.
    Semper Fi

Such as: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ip-report.html

Soooooo, I began trying to see how many I could conceal with the help of my bag of holsters I had brought. Here is how I concealed them:
    1. Large 9mm in dual-holster SmartCarry
    2. Another large 9mm in other holster of SmartCarry
    3. Single-stack 9mm in security pouch of SmartCarry
    4. Snub in left front pocket
    5. Another snub in right front pocket
    6. .45 in appendix OWB
    7. Medium 9mm in OWB at 3:30
    8. Dad's .44 magnum with 8" barrel (this was the hard one) in a Truss shoulder holster. The barrel went all the way down to my waist
    9. 9mm subcompact in a handcuff holster in the Truss. Printed a bit, so I put the hotel's coupon booklet in my shirt front pocket, and it covered the bump well.
    10. Keltec .380 in the other Truss handcuff holster
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

As many as 8 at one time for a few hours, wearing jeans, boots, t shirt and heavy leather bike jacket.
    2- 1911's, one above each hip pocket
    2- 380 Makarov's, one above each front pocket
    2- 38 derringers, one in each boot
    1- 44 mag single action with a 7-1/2" bbl in a shoulder rig
    1- Browning BDA in the gun pocket in my motorcycle jacket
    plus a spare mag for each 1911, Makarov, and the BDA for a total round count somewhere around 90.

Would not want to do it every day but it can be done.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

One primary "most" of the time....Primary and BUG "occassionally", depending on the need. ALWAYS two backup mags for my primary.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    one................

When serving papers I would carry two. My walther ppk and my glock 19
    IAFF 2623
    Everyone comes home!

Wow, i think i need to start carrying more... a friend at my local gun club showed me a small little derringer looking thing that was 22mag... i forgot what type it was, but think it held 5 shots, and you had to more or less unassemble the gun to reload it. No trigger guard either. Neat little pocket gun. i wouldnt want to shoot it far, but a blow to the head or neck would definately be lethal. Bunker

I've actually carried three pistols at one time. That was before I knew a lot of things that I didn't know then. It was stupid really, but impressive all the same. Go figure.

Two!
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

Ive carried 2 at a time before. My EDC on my hip and a ppk or my bersa 380 SOB concealed. As a rule, 99% of the time its only 1 plus the spare mag. Only reason I carried 2 was because I had to go to a garbage (this is a family site, so the word I would have used wouldnt be liked) hole of a place to pick up my friends sister that got ditched by her Now ex BF. Think of the part of town where a MAC-10 might be under powered... I didnt go expecting trouble, but decided I should have a BUG for unforseen circumstances.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Two on an everyday basis. Glock 30 IWB and M&P 340 on ankle. If I'm going somewhere out of the ordinary or considered high risk I'll also carry either my PM9 or Rohrbaugh in a front pocket.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    My usual max is two, though I often have a particular laptop case with me that holds another one or two easily enough. I don't open the safe daily, and rather than risk loss, during a quick trip, I will often tote stuff with me rather than go to the trouble of opening the safe.

During the time that two SP101 snubbies were my main concealed carry pieces, there were a few times I wore three of them at belt level, in higher-risk areas. On a good stiff belt, this is quite comfortable.

At work, well, four is normal, though not all are handguns, and not all are actually holstered and attached to my body. One is a P229 cached where I or my partner can reach it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links