June 8th, 2006 10:13 PM
Can't help ya either but thanks for your service
June 8th, 2006 11:01 PM
Chris, thanks, you are appreciated.
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.
June 9th, 2006 03:21 AM
Let me add my thanks for your service. You folks make us all proud. Stay safe and God Speed.
June 9th, 2006 06:33 PM
Here is some info:
Must be 21 to apply for a CCDW License.
From Kentucky State Police
* Applicant must be a resident of Kentucky for at least six months prior to filing of the application.
* An applicant for a CCDW license may obtain an application from the sheriff's office in their county of residence.
* The completed application along with $60.00 is to be returned to the sheriff's office. (Retired police officers are exempt from the payment for the CCDW license).
* The application will be sent to the Kentucky State Police within five working days.
* The application form, completed under oath, will include:
Place and date of birth,
Gender and Social Security number.
* Statement of compliance with required qualifications.
* Statement of receipt and understanding of the statute concerning the use of force and self-defense in Kentucky.
* Recent color photograph: full head shot no smaller than 3x4 nor larger than 4x5 inches.
* A photocopy of a certificate or an affidavit or document certifying completion of a certified firearms training course.
below are 2 links, the 1st is the list of topics dealing with getting a permit. The 2nd is specific to the training requirement.
It appears that only retired LEOs are allowed to bypass the training requirement.
-By the way where in Iraq are you? (if you can say) My daughter is in Baggy-Daddy & her husband is up near the Syrian border.
Stay Safe- our prayers are with you & your's...........
Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper
June 9th, 2006 09:16 PM
Thanks for your service Chris!!!
June 9th, 2006 09:34 PM
Thanks for your patriotism and tell all of your buddies we appreciate them too.
Charlie - 40FIVER
Why I carry:
"The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
June 9th, 2006 10:17 PM
One more heartfelt "Thank You" for your service. Come home safe.
June 10th, 2006 12:33 AM
I can't help you either, but state's website should be the best bet for up to date info
Welcome to the forum
and a heartfelt thanks for your service to our great country
please pass along all of our best wished to any and all other service members there with you.
Certified Glock Armorer
"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?
By NCConcealed in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: April 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
By fernset in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: January 12th, 2010, 12:06 AM
By Jrod012889 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: May 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM
By SilenceDoGood in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: November 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
By bugs100 in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: April 15th, 2005, 10:15 AM
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors