uncomfortable when not armed - Page 2

uncomfortable when not armed

This is a discussion on uncomfortable when not armed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not a comfortable feeling; thus, I'm never unarmed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a comfortable feeling; thus, I'm never unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I live in Mesa, AZ and I got my ccw permit about 3 weeks ago. I have been carrying all day on my days off of work, too and from work and everywhere I am allowed, I am so used to having it strapped on it gets to be very uncomfortable when I can't wear it at work. I work for a pool supply chain, so for the most part I am in a warehouse with occasional weekends spent in retail stores. I went to Diamondbacks game last night and let it locked up in my truck and walking back to the parking lot at 10 at night in downtown Phoenix was extremely uncomfortable. I know now that I will have that uncomfortable feeling if I am unable to carry, but I was wondering if anyone else has these feelings as well? Thanks in advance

Spencer

no , not at all. Im often unarmed because of my work(cant carry to or from) and ebcause I coach sports(Hockey,Football) and cant carry doing either of those either(school property/private property with no carry rules) and im fine with both of those also..I also dont just sit around the house before I go to work with my gun on I just leave it if im not going out..so im often unarmed and ok with that also.. Only times ive felt bad about being unarmed is the very limited times I have to go somewhere id normally not go but cant carry a gun because im going to a sporting event or a concert or something..ive only done that 3 times though in the last 3 years lol.

But does just being unarmed in a "normal"(coaching at school or the YMCA,in my house,while mowing the lawn,etc) nope does not bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I live in Mesa, AZ and I got my ccw permit about 3 weeks ago. I have been carrying all day on my days off of work, too and from work and everywhere I am allowed, I am so used to having it strapped on it gets to be very uncomfortable when I can't wear it at work. I work for a pool supply chain, so for the most part I am in a warehouse with occasional weekends spent in retail stores. I went to Diamondbacks game last night and let it locked up in my truck and walking back to the parking lot at 10 at night in downtown Phoenix was extremely uncomfortable. I know now that I will have that uncomfortable feeling if I am unable to carry, but I was wondering if anyone else has these feelings as well? Thanks in advance

Spencer
    Do I feel uncomfortable if I'm unarmed? Yes. Are there those situations where I am unarmed or forced to do so by law? Yes...but not many as I try not to put myself into those circumstances if I can help it. I've been carrying going on ten years. My wife has been carrying about eight months, and even she tells me she feels "naked" without her carry pistol. Just think about the carry part, her nakedness is for me.

After only one solid week of carrying, I went to a wedding this past weekend unarmed. I was could not carry because of the liquor license and I was going to drink. If I could have carried there, I would not have drank and went armed though. I felt uncomfortable without my gun. I am happy though that I am comfortable enough carrying that I will carry everywhere I go.

I had to pick up my daughter today from school for a dentist appointment so I had to make sure I was not parked on school grounds and disarm. Yes, I felt naked and my daughter asked why I was parked so far away. I told her she knows why and she replied with, no I don't. I said you know what I carry and she then said OH!

It was only naked for about 10 minutes but it still felt weird.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    It's hard to avoid that uneasy feeling when you're unarmed. Bear in mind that you DO have other skills (situational awareness, projection of confidence, ability to defuse confrontation) which can be used to avoid trouble in the first place. I always try to go armed whenever/wherever possible, but it took me some time to drill into my own head that (for me, at least) unarmed does not equal defenseless.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links