Most Not Concerned For Safety Around Those Permitted To Carry Weapons

This is a discussion on Most Not Concerned For Safety Around Those Permitted To Carry Weapons within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most Not Concerned For Safety Around Those Permitted To Carry Weapons 5/13/2010 A new poll from conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports released Thursday showed that, while most ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Not Concerned For Safety Around Those Permitted To Carry Weapons

5/13/2010

A new poll from conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports released Thursday showed that, while most Americans are not concerned about their safety around those who have legal permits to carry concealed weapons, they have mixed feelings about laws that would allow gun owners to wear their weapons openly in public.

According to the poll, which surveyed 1,000 adults May 11 - 12, 41% of Americans are at least somewhat concerned about their safety in the presence of those who have "concealed carry" gun permits. On the other hand, 58% of Americans do not have such concerns.

Good news and totally contradicts the findings of the Brady campaign! Imagine that!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post

According to the poll, which surveyed 1,000 adults May 11 - 12, 41% of Americans are at least somewhat concerned about their safety in the presence of those who have "concealed carry" gun permits. On the other hand, 58% of Americans do not have such concerns.[/I]
    Seems there is 1% missing...

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    that must be the people who carry :)

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    that must be the people who carry :)
    Man, I sure hope that it is more than just 1%. I don't like those odds .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Could just be the margin of error.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Could just be the margin of error.
    naw, all news poles are absolutely correct.....

I would like to know where or what state or states that this poll was taken?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Come on, this happens all the time. 41% and 58% could have been rounded from 41.5% and 58.5% or so. There is no missing part.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Come on, this happens all the time. 41% and 58% could have been rounded from 41.5% and 58.5% or so. There is no missing part.
    Well, did you know that 86.4324% of all statistic are made up?

Rasmussen is conservative?

The Downside of CCW: Do you have a brave buddy or a mouthy woman with you, because they know that you are carrying a gun, which encourages them to be aggressive, brave and mouthy just for fun, especially while drinking and pestering people and strangers, without thinking about the potential if not probable or possible consequences and the dangers? No, this does not merely occur with the younger and dumber among us. Pit bulls and guns make little people big, they think. Personally, I keep it quiet, and have no reason to brag or to show off or to be bold, now being sixty years old. Other people have got me beat up, before I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post

5/13/2010

A new poll from conservative-leaning Rasmussen Reports released Thursday showed that, while most Americans are not concerned about their safety around those who have legal permits to carry concealed weapons, they have mixed feelings about laws that would allow gun owners to wear their weapons openly in public.

According to the poll, which surveyed 1,000 adults May 11 - 12, 41% of Americans are at least somewhat concerned about their safety in the presence of those who have "concealed carry" gun permits. On the other hand, 58% of Americans do not have such concerns.

Good news and totally contradicts the findings of the Brady campaign! Imagine that!
    As long as the person isn't pointing their gun at me or someone else (unless it needs to be) I have no problem with any of it--open or concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    The Downside of CCW: Do you have a brave buddy or a mouthy woman with you, because they know that you are carrying a gun, which encourages them to be aggressive, brave and mouthy just for fun, especially while drinking and pestering people and strangers, without thinking about the potential if not probable or possible consequences and the dangers? No, this does not merely occur with the younger and dumber among us. Pit bulls and guns make little people big, they think. Personally, I keep it quiet, and have no reason to brag or to show off or to be bold, now being sixty years old. Other people have got me beat up, before I grew up.
    I'm a relatively big person (6'1, 195lbs) and I'm younger (22) and I have never told anyone that I know that I carry. I think you are exactly spot on with that post.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

As long as the person isn't pointing their gun at me or someone else (unless it needs to be) I have no problem with any of it--open or concealed.
    Works for me.

GM
    They write “…while most Americans are not concerned about their safety around those who have legal permits to carry concealed weapons, they have mixed feelings about laws that would allow gun owners to wear their weapons openly in public.” I did not know that only 1000 people lived in the US
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links