What "Shall Issue" state is the most strict?

This is a discussion on What "Shall Issue" state is the most strict? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any chance we can narrow all this info down to two or three states and declare a winner? (or loser)...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What "Shall Issue" state is the most strict?

Any chance we can narrow all this info down to two or three states and declare a winner? (or loser)

2. Remove Ads

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    If Michigan is restrictive then I sure don't feel it. Wayne County (Detroit) might be a bit restrictive but the rest of the state is just fine if you ask me. We even have the Castle Doctrines.
    I live in Detroit and travel to various parts of MI on a regular basis (that I can get to within 2 hours) for my job, and I don't find any more restrictions in Detroit than I do elsewhere. Compared to how MI used to be, I think we are a much further ahead of some other places that have been posted about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    I live in Detroit and travel to various parts of MI on a regular basis (that I can get to within 2 hours) for my job, and I don't find any more restrictions in Detroit than I do elsewhere. Compared to how MI used to be, I think we are a much further ahead of some other places that have been posted about in this thread.
    I agree, I think Michigan is pretty good, although I have heard stories about the DA in Wayne or Macomb saying that your CPL only allows you to carry one gun, no backup. I guess since the license does not say Concealed Pistol(s) License he thinks it only allows one at a time to be carried.

I think the restriction some one mentioned about no carry at "public" events could be considered pretty restrictive. Name a place other than your own property that could not be considered "public"?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I agree, I think Michigan is pretty good, although I have heard stories about the DA in Wayne or Macomb saying that your CPL only allows you to carry one gun, no backup. I guess since the license does not say Concealed Pistol(s) License he thinks it only allows one at a time to be carried.
    What the idiot doesn't seem to get is the statute doesn't limit a number you can carry. That's what matters, not the nomenclature of the permit or license itself. They just don't seem to know the laws and lawsuits and directives by the AG's office don't seem to get into their thick skull either.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by pleasantguywhopacks View Post
    Ohio

Posted businesses carry a felony charge if you ignore a sign.
    Incorrect. It's a Criminal Trespass charge which is a fourth degree misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 View Post
    Any chance we can narrow all this info down to two or three states and declare a winner? (or loser)

it is georgia...because the law enumerates specific places then says those are off limits but hey they arent limited to just those either....so any place is technically potentially off limits(or you could be arrested at them) except for McDonalds its the only place in GA held not to be an off limits places

end thread/ po
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

not quite on topic

I know the original point of this thread was to find the least gun friendly state based on gun laws, but here's a question.
    This was posted from another thread about funerals and I believe it pertains to Louisiana law:

Prohibited Locations
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    A polling place;
    A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    The state capitol building;
    Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship;
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity; Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.
    The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.__________________

So does the first highlighted section mean that if I am in a store shopping, and walk out to find that there is a parade scheduled and now going on, I'm in violation of the law? What would you do, go back in the store and wait for the parade to end?

And as far as restrictive laws go, in Michigan we do not need to notify someone we are carrying before entering their house. I do have an issue with this however in that my best friend's wife runs a daycare out of their house. This makes it a gun free zone by law. I asked the AG for an opinion on whether the law applied even after teh day care was closed for the day. or on weekends. His opinion came back that there was no mention of hours of operation in the law, so it's a day care, 24-7, 365.
    If I want to stop and shoot the bull with him I have to disarm or stay in my car.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links