Georgia SB308 and SB291

Georgia SB308 and SB291

This is a discussion on Georgia SB308 and SB291 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please point out any inaccuracies or misinterpreations I may have. Legalese is not always the most straightforward language. Forgive improper tenses as everything is related ...

Thread: Georgia SB308 and SB291

Georgia SB308 and SB291

Please point out any inaccuracies or misinterpreations I may have. Legalese is not always the most straightforward language. Forgive improper tenses as everything is related to the assumed passing of SB308 and SB291.

With these Georgia bills awaiting passage through the governor's office, and as far as I know aren't being threatened with veto, Georgia is going to get a whole more relaxed with legally carrying weapons.

Public Gatherings are no more. Now a relatively small list of illegal areas. I was sad to see that places of worship are still illegal, which IMO is probably one of the most necessary places in America you need protection, along with campuses. Worship parking lots will be okay though. So, no sound installs for me. Gotta send the grunts. Other no carry are mostly typical......government buildings, mental health facility, courthouse, prison/jail, nuclear facility although locked in your vehicle in the parking lots are now okay.

Weapons license decriminalizes concealed carry of a knife

Bar carry - with owners permission. Hmmmm, I wonder if this is going to manifest in unofficial signs saying carry is legal or illegal after the owners get asked enough times. This is beneficial to me as I am often loading in and out expensive sound equipment in the middle of the night, through back alley doors. Prime ambush locations. Another thought, with the way its worded, I am guessing the bar owner can pick and choose if only certain individuals can carry instead of a blanket policy.

Looks like I can legally order a drink in a restaurant while carrying. Actually it looks like I can order a plethora of drinks if I want. Not that I'm a huge drinker, but sometimes you just have to have a drop of sake with your sushi. (Not this old debate again, just pointing out legality)

Carry in unsecured airport areas legal.

Reduces the 1000 feet around school zones to just the real property. Leaving your weapon locked in your vehicles while on school property looks okay too I think.

That bong you got busted with in college will no longer automatically destroy your chances for a license. The kilo of coke though....not so much.

The bong you're getting busted with tomorrow will now result in 5 years suspension as opposed to lifetime....first timers only.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

I just wish that Ohio and Georgia political-power people would quit with their peeing contest, so that we Buckeyes could quit disarming ourselves, before we cross the border at Tennessee on I-75, and stop putting our unloaded guns in our trunks...in effect making us great out-of-state prey for Atlanta drug thugs and punks who roam away from home.

For this reason, my feelings on Georgia not adding the requirement of a training course, are mixed. I live on the Georgia and South Carolina border and because we don't have the training requirement, there isn't a reciprocity agreement between them either. There is no other way for me to legally carry in South Carolina unless I buy some property there which makes me eligible for a South Carolina permit.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Write SLED and request that they offer a Non-resident permits for people such as us Georgians that have no other way to carry in SC.

Remind them that they could institute requirements for training "in SC" that would bring much needed Dollars to SC, along with the increased revenue from non-resident permit fees. Further, they could require that non-resident permits would only be offered to states that don't have reciprocity with SC and those wishing to obtain one must have a valid permit in their home state first.
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

Just looked up the Senate report card for the bills and Senator Don Balfour voted in favor of both. (He goes to my church and his son was a grade or two ahead of me and is now with the Army and has recently returned from an A-stan deployment.)

Anyways, yeah, I can't wait for them to pass into law. No worry of my firearms ever being illegally seized and a lot less restrictions on carrying and no more of that fuzzy "public gathering" hoo-ha. (Movie Theaters no longer grey areas! )

If you're a Georgian, please contact Gov. Perdue and politely ask that he sign both these bills into law.

The Honorable Sonny Perdue
    State Capitol
    Atlanta, Georgia 30334
    Phone: 404-656-1776
    Fax: 404-657-7332

EMail
    http://www.georgia.gov/00/gov/contact_u ... 88,00.html
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I just wish that Ohio and Georgia political-power people would quit with their peeing contest, so that we Buckeyes could quit disarming ourselves, before we cross the border at Tennessee on I-75, and stop putting our unloaded guns in our trunks...in effect making us great out-of-state prey for Atlanta drug thugs and punks who roam away from home.

get a PA non resident permit its only 26$ ;)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Sponsored Links