Glock Question

This is a discussion on Glock Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by foots402 She like the Glocks she have shoot mine which is a G37 .45 GAP to much recoil for her. She held ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Question

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    She like the Glocks she have shoot mine which is a G37 .45 GAP to much recoil for her. She held a few but she is unsure about which one.
    If she doesn't like the recoil on the .45gap, what makes you think she would like the 10mm?

Go with the G26.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

how much experience does she have on bottom feeders?
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Thanks everyone she wants the G26, her girlfriend took her to the range to shoot hers and she decided on the G26 for CCing with they both are going to take the class. Going to get it today! Who knows I might get the G39 for myself.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    You should probably stay away from 10mm unless you don't plan on shooting much.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Has she ever fired a 10mm? It may be more than she wants to shoot.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Thanks everyone she wants the G26, her girlfriend took her to the range to shoot hers and she decided on the G26 for CCing with they both are going to take the class. Going to get it today! Who knows I might get the G39 for myself.
    Great! She tried it out and liked it. I got my wife a GLOCK 26 for mother's day, we haven't made it to the range yet (hopefully this weekend) but she did fondle a 27 for feel and liked it. My 19 and her 26 can share ammo and some of the magazines. I've yet to see 10mm around here but a decent amount of reasonable priced 9mm is available.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    to be honest the 19 is almost as easily concealed as the 26 and women can have gripping problems with the shory 26 grip that lead to ftrtb concerns...i witnessed one this past weekend at a training session...she never had a problem at the range but in real owrld quick shooting and half hip she was having a difficult time gripping the pistol and getting multiple shots to feed correctly...

the short slide and grip can make for some challenges...a pierce grip helps but also makes the grip as long as a g19...the barrel length doesnt really mean anything concealment wise and the 19 is an easier gun to shoot...

dont get me wrong...i love my 26...but given the option i'd rather be armed with the 19...

I think the G29 would have too much recoil for her, go with the G26.

The 26 is lighter and smaller.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I carry a G26 IWB (I am a man btw), and my gf has a Beretta PX4 Storm SC. With that said...she doesn't like the G26. She said she feels better holding the PX4, because it's heavier and wider grip (and her fingers don't dangle off as it would on the G26). She also chose the PX4 over the G26 simply, because she wanted the piece of mind of the external saftey (even though she knows the real safety is her brain and trigger finger).

I added the +2 to my 10 capacity, and occasionally I find it pinching my pinky as shots are fired. But as others have said, let her choose the gun. Make recommendations or explain the features of the gun, and see which one makes her feel comfortable.

Worse case scenario if you do decide to get the G26 and she doesn't like it...you have a new G26 for yourself to enjoy!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    10mm is not something to get a girlfriend. I'm almost wondering if this is serious question.
    ^I hope your kidding^ about getting a 10mm... first off it is just not needed she is not on a police swat team..... LET HER pick... and I found after my girlfriend held a glock xd and m&p... the m&p was much more comfortable for her... I would not limit her pickings to just a glock.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

The 26 all the way, given the other option. A 10mm may be to stout for her to be comfortable with. I guess it would depend on her.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links