Glock Question

This is a discussion on Glock Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying too decide to get my girlfriend the G26 9mm or the G29 10mm Auto for her too CC? Any suggestions?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Question

Question Glock Question

I'm trying too decide to get my girlfriend the G26 9mm or the G29 10mm Auto for her too CC? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by foots402; May 17th, 2010 at 10:52 PM.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

G26 FTW. Ammo is readily available and cheap... making it easy to pratice when you want..

Let her hold and if at all possible shoot first. Let her make the decision and don't limit her to Glock, because if she doesn't like it she's not going to want to shoot it and she's certainly not going to want to carry it.

Glock Certified Armorer

G27
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Glock Question

The 26. It is easy to handle and it carries 10.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

IMO....G26. I'm all about Glocks, but I never limited my wife's decision on a G26. I started her out shooting my Glocks at competitions and at the range. She's handled quite a few pistols over the counter at the local gun shops before she decided on a G26, and we even rented one for her to shoot just so she'd know for sure. She absolutely loves her G26. You need to get your GF to try one out before you get it. May save you both some disappointment. A surprise gift is always cool, but lots of times it don't go over like it's intended. Make sure she can shoot it, hit with it, and manipulate it. If all that's a go, then you'll need to engineer the best way for her to carry it as well. The trials and tribulations with your better half when it comes to carry and pistols.........I tend to think mine was easy sometimes. I love my wife, and I love how she carries that little G26. I may have sweetened the pot a little bit.........CT LaserGrip to go along with it. Best of luck to you and yours.

VIP Member
    The question is, what does SHE want. Is she experience with handguns? Does she know the difference between the two?

Picking a gun for self defense is extremely personal, both physically and emotionally. I would never presume to know what is a good gun for anyone other than myself.

If it is a surprise, take her to the store and tell her she can pick one out after she is familiar with what is available. Maybe she doesn't like either of the Glock's (nearly impossible as that might be to believe), but likes the XD or the S&W. She needs to go through the same selection process the rest of us have.

Of course, if you know she wants either the 9mm or 10mm, and are just being generous, go for the 9mm. No one I have ever met would say no to a 9mm anything. Call it a "safe" caliber. The 10mm can be a little overwhelming unless you are used to it.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

If it was me, and this decision had been delegated to me somehow, I would go with the 9mm. Cheapest to practice with and most common, not to mention the lower recoil.

Go with the Glock 26 or 27. The Glock 29 is practically the same size as a Glock 19, 23, 32.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

She like the Glocks she have shoot mine which is a G37 .45 GAP to much recoil for her. She held a few but she is unsure about which one.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Glock-26...hands down!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I dont exactly love Glock personally, BUT I would say G26 no questions asked. Ammo is easier to come by, has less recoil and is a great all around handgun IMO. Also its not that I do not LIKE glock because that is simply not true, I just prefer to use S&W and Springfield.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    10mm is not something to get a girlfriend. I'm almost wondering if this is serious question.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Find somewhere for her to shoot a few. Chunking down big $$$ only to find out she hates the gun is no good. Believe me. Let her find something she likes, and that might not be a Glock. My wife hates the G26 and picked out an XD 9mm sc that she loves to shoot.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    10mm is not something to get a girlfriend. I'm almost wondering if this is serious question.
    ^^ This.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links