In response to all of those "Do you carry with one in the chamber?" threads....

This is a discussion on In response to all of those "Do you carry with one in the chamber?" threads.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a link to a thread on officer.com, it'll give some perspective on what cops think about carrying a gun with an empty chamber. Some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In response to all of those "Do you carry with one in the chamber?" threads....

Here's a link to a thread on officer.com, it'll give some perspective on what cops think about carrying a gun with an empty chamber. Some of it is kind of funny and the thread wanders here and there, but it is easy to see where they stand on the subject. What is good for them (us) is good for all you CCW holders, too!!

"Cops aren't supposed to carry with one in the chamber." - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Seems pretty universal.

I am amazed there are gun carriers out there who actually do not put one in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Seems pretty universal.

I am amazed there are gun carriers out there who actually do not put one in the chamber.
    Yo, tambien. Wonder if they also dull the edges on their knives, and carry a sharpener with them? FTU Sundrome.

All cops in Delaware carry one in the pipe!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    Yo, tambien. Wonder if they also dull the edges on their knives, and carry a sharpener with them? FTU Sundrome.
    whats FTU Syndrome?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

People dont carry a revolver unloaded so why would they carry a semi-auto "unloaded"?
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -Suzanna Gratia Hupp

Good stuff. Funny, though, that some of those LEOs in that thread are calling rounds, ammo, and cartridges as "bullets". My wife does that, and it drives me crazy...

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Will B. Droopy View Post
    Good stuff. Funny, though, that some of those LEOs in that thread are calling rounds, ammo, and cartridges as "bullets". My wife does that, and it drives me crazy...

-Bill
    From the referenced thread:
    Forum Member

Posts: 268 He probably got that idea from watching to much TV and/or movies. Ever notice how they rack every time after they draw their weapons? Sometimes you'll see them rack several times during a scene even though theres no re-loading going on.

I have actually noticed this, in fact there was an episode of "Flashpoint" where the bad guy, a cop gone bad actually racked the slide on his gun. holstered it, then walked down a corridor to ambush the good guys. When he got to the ambush he drew, racked again, and got ready to fire. So as I'm watching I think, why isn't he going to bend over and pick up that live round? He might need it later.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I have actually noticed this, in fact there was an episode of "Flashpoint" where the bad guy, a cop gone bad actually racked the slide on his gun. holstered it, then walked down a corridor to ambush the good guys. When he got to the ambush he drew, racked again, and got ready to fire. So as I'm watching I think, why isn't he going to bend over and pick up that live round? He might need it later.
    Yeah that's definitely a peeve of mine with movies and TV shows. Makes them look stupid, and in real life it's definitely not a good idea either.

One guy said, "I was actually ridiculed by an officer after informing him of my carry weapon's location, that it had 15 in the mag, and that the chamber was empty during a traffic stop."

The officer said, "What do you plan on doing, throwing it at somebody? You're dead in that half second it took you to rack the slide."

I couldn't agree more.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    One guy said, "I was actually ridiculed by an officer after informing him of my carry weapon's location, that it had 15 in the mag, and that the chamber was empty during a traffic stop."

The officer said, "What do you plan on doing, throwing it at somebody? You're dead in that half second it took you to rack the slide."

I couldn't agree more.
    Yeah, that was one of my favorites too.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    whats FTU Syndrome?
    Sorry. Failure To Understand. As in, failure to understand how the firearm works, failure to understand how lethal encounters work, failure to understand that fractions of fractions of seconds count, etc.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Saw that episode, and thought the same thing!

I've been around LEOs for over 40 years. I've yet to meet one that carried with an empty chamber.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    ...Wonder if they also dull the edges on their knives, and carry a sharpener with them? FTU Sundrome.
    !

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links