Microstamping Ammunition

This is a discussion on Microstamping Ammunition within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you think about microstamping ammunition, would it good or bad for us?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microstamping Ammunition

Question Microstamping Ammunition

What do you think about microstamping ammunition, would it good or bad for us?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

Think about it a minute and you'll have the obvious answer.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    BG picks up your brass at the range and tosses it on the ground at the crime scene.

Micro stamping would require registration

Micro stamping would increase cost
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just off the cuff after working last night with a terrible headache. If you think ammo is expensive now! If this happens the way I understand it, it would nuke people like us. I think that is the main idea behind it all from the left as always. Make it hurt and hurt bad for us. The ammo manufacturers would have no choice but to pass their re-tooling costs onto us, the consumers who just follow the rules.
    It would be very expensive for the manufacturers to incur a hit like that. Then we get hit! Am I wrong?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Bad would be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    BG picks up your brass at the range and tosses it on the ground at the crime scene.

Micro stamping would require registration

Micro stamping would increase cost
    Yeah that too!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

VIP Member
    Criminals tend to steal ammo, not register it.

Ya know, I don't mind that the "anti's" are scheming to use this as a tactic to disarm the polulation. I expect no other behavior from them.

What bothers me is folks who honestly think this will address gun crime. This is one of those ideas that takes 'stupid' to whole new levels.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Just off the cuff after working last night with a terrible headache. If you think ammo is expensive now! If this happens the way I understand it, it would nuke people like us. I think that is the main idea behind it all from the left as always. Make it hurt and hurt bad for us. The ammo manufacturers would have no choice but to pass their re-tooling costs onto us, the consumers who just follow the rules.
    It would be very expensive for the manufacturers to incur a hit like that. Then we get hit! Am I wrong?
    Nothing on the ammo would change, the cartridge gets stamped with make/model/serial of the gun after it is fired... so gun costs would go up since every single breech and firing pin would have to be customized.

This is a big issue in NY right now as there is a bill on the table right now that would require manufacturers who wish to sell semi-autos in NY to implement this technology,

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    What do you think about microstamping ammunition, would it good or bad for us?
    Please, do not even say it . Someone can get a crazy idea!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Nothing on the ammo would change, the cartridge gets stamped with make/model/serial of the gun after it is fired... so gun costs would go up since every single breech and firing pin would have to be customized.

This is a big issue in NY right now as there is a bill on the table right now that would require manufacturers who wish to sell semi-autos in NY to implement this technology,
    And I thank you for setting me straight. You are right the change is in the weapon not the ammo. Like I said bad night and this subject made my melon ache worse. Thanks again fastk9dad!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    And I thank you for setting me straight. You are right the change is in the weapon not the ammo. Like I said bad night and this subject made my melon ache worse. Thanks again fastk9dad!
    No problem, we've all had those days/nights.

VIP Member
    It sort of strikes me as a pretty stupid idea. Post 3 gets to the important point.

Also, notwithstanding all the forensic stuff on TV, I sort of wonder if things like this would have any real impact on crime solving.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Criminals tend to steal ammo, not register it.

Ya know, I don't mind that the "anti's" are scheming to use this as a tactic to disarm the polulation. I expect no other behavior from them.

What bothers me is folks who honestly think this will address gun crime. This is one of those ideas that takes 'stupid' to whole new levels.
    +1.

I think you are plagiarizing from the California State Legistlature's Motto: "Taking Stupid to the Next Level since 1850."
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It sort of strikes me as a pretty stupid idea. Post 3 gets to the important point.

Also, notwithstanding all the forensic stuff on TV, I sort of wonder if things like this would have any real impact on crime solving.

The NYS ballistic database (one fired cartridge is kept/cataloged from every handgun sold) that is 10 years old and costs ~$4mil a year says no, as it has yet been used to solve a crime.

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links