Got made 2 months ago

Got made 2 months ago

This is a discussion on Got made 2 months ago within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just found out yesterday I got made at a BBQ 2 months ago. This was the first time I met my fiance's ex(a Marine), and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got made 2 months ago

Got made 2 months ago

Just found out yesterday I got made at a BBQ 2 months ago. This was the first time I met my fiance's ex(a Marine), and I could tell as soon as I walked in he was not happy I was there.

I little history: right before I started dating my fiance (about a year and a half ago) her ex was trying to win her back to no avail. When he heard we were started dating he was very upset and was asking her who I was, what I do for a living, how we met, etc. After awhile he moved on and we didn't hear from him.

At the BBQ we finally met face to face. We were courteous to each other but I could tell by his body language he was not happy. In fact he left about 20 minutes after we arrived.

Never heard anything about it till last night after a heated phone conversation my fiance had with her daughter (the only child they had together, she's 27...and she doesn't like the fact I CC either)
    Apparently he's been questioning the daughter why I CC. I think he's bringing this up because there is a Birthday party on Saturday that we will all be attending.

Anyway I was surprised he noticed I was CC, must be his military training. Now I'm wondering if I should go un armed to avoid unwanted attention, or go as normal and just not worry about it.
    Any thoughts?

Go unarmed, that way when you make a sudden move ala "Grand Tournio" and he shoots you, he will go to jail. That'll teach the SOB!!

Definitley go armed.

Do you trust this Guy to protect you in a life and death situation?

Do you even trust this Guy in general?

I sure wouldn't.

VIP Member
    Maybe the ex didn't make you. Is it possible that your fiance' mentioned it to him, or to their daughter (and daughter told her dad) that you CCW?

Either way, I'd go and do as I please. If you aren't in a restricted place to CCW then you should be good to go.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You may want to go with a deeper concealment rig if you expect someone to make an issue of it. But I have a feeling that his issue is with you, not with the fact that you CC.
    I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.

Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.
    Founder, Florida Open Carry Movement

Distinguished Member
    I'd go, business as usual. Keep a three foot distance from any alcohol.

I read something in a magazine this week about dealing with other people's bad behavior and bad situations - that is to not take it all personally. Don't let his feelings dictate yours.

I agree with CRF3973. If this guy does not like you and he has a few drinks for example who knows what he'll do.
    I don't know this guy or or anything about him. He could be a nice guy thats just a little upset or he could be a maniac.
    Go armed and prepared but keep a mild friendly tone at same time. "Kill em with kindness" My Mom used to say.

Don't let the situation with the Ex dictate what you should do. Carry the bloody piece and have a good time.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

jfl
    I get "made" all the time, including by cops; not illegal in Florida if it is accidental, even had my Glock fully exposed with 2 deputies watching as we were trying to position a jack under a truck.

Never worried about being "made" as long as I am not in a State where it would get me in trouble.

Going unarmed, no way. You never know where and when you'll need it.
    I had the inconvenience of carrying a gun for 20+ years, and as the years go by, they get heavier, it is not for being without one when I need it.

Don't worry about what people think, do what you lieve is right (as long as it is legal)
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Foster View Post
    Now I'm wondering if I should go un armed to avoid unwanted attention, or go as normal and just not worry about it.
    Any thoughts?
    The purpose of being armed is not to avoid detection.

The purpose of being armed is for self defense or the defense of family if things go bad.

Given the circumstances you described, an upset ex in the same vicinity as you has the potential for things to go bad. Plus, what about the trip to and from the event? Will you take your chances being unarmed then also, just because the ex might notice your firearm later?

I don't understand why you are even asking this question.

If it's legal to carry, why wouldn't you? Because someone might notice? If it's legal, who cares if they notice?

P.S. In your situation, I'd carry a small backup for the other hand in case some dufus tries to disarm you. You never know: someone who is trying to disarm you might then use your gun on you if they are successful in their disarming attempt.

Plan your carry the same as any other normal day.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am sure in his eyes, you are the reason that she didn't start dating him again. He doesn't like you.

I have never really cared what anybody thought about me or what I do. Especially an ex. I try to do whats right, knowing that I have to live with my choices.

As long as it's legal, carry.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Thanks for the input Bro's, I will go as normal and drink only soda.

To PPKHeat.....yes....I do have my suspicions

Since he's an EX, he has absolutely NO say in what the woman does or who she sees.

IMO, if she won't stand up to him and tell him to stay out of her private life, you might need a new fiancee'.

PS It's not really any of the daughter's business, either.

You might want to keep in mind that "domestics" with ex's frequently go south violently and quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links