This is a discussion on From the local news station here.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunnitt The same can be said for Florida, carry is forbidden in places of worship here as well. False, in Florida it ...
It is illegal in VA to carry in places of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held "without a good and sufficient reason".
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
Kewel video. Thanks for sharing that.
Don't know if you're aware, but there's been a bill introduced at least once to strike that from state law and put the onus on the individual church to post as a no carry. I've got a letter I'm working on to send to my State Rep and Senator to show my support of such a bill. If you're an Arkansas voter, I recommend you do something similar.
Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751
If guns kill people, then:
Pincels miss spel werds;
Cars make people drive drunk;
And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.
It is important that the sheepdogs protect the sheep from the wolves. Here is a link for more information if you are so inclined: Christian Security Network - Home
Certifed Sig Classic Pistol Armorer
Lawdog: 1980 to ???
Soldier of Christ: January 2000 to Eternity
A Sheepdog who has found the Shepherd
Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
790.06 (12) License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
· Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
· any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
· any detention facility, prison, or jail;
· any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from
carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her
· any polling place;
· any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special
· any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
· any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
· any school administration building;
· any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
· any elementary or secondary school facility;
· any area vocational-technical center;
· any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty
member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or non-lethal electric weapon or
device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
· inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be
prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment
for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
· any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.
Although my knees don't let me do it anymore, I bet I was the only altar server at a traditional Latin Mass in my diocese who was packing heat. Probably would have taken me thirty seconds to get to it underneath the surplice and cassock.
cmdrdread, no where in that copy of law does it say churches are off limits
"The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."
If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!
Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor