Would you try to do something? - Page 4

Would you try to do something?

This is a discussion on Would you try to do something? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These things very often go from bad to worse. See link below: Fast-food manager killed during robbery in NW Harris | Top stories | Chron.com ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would you try to do something?

These things very often go from bad to worse. See link below:

Fast-food manager killed during robbery in NW Harris | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

We can never assume a BG with a gun really isn't going to kill you. Prepare your mind now and practice situational awareness!
    Last edited by CenterOfMass; May 22nd, 2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

I would cooperate with the tugs, as I have three little boys at home, whose livelihood depends on me and that there is nothing in this world more important to me than to see my boys grow. Hoping they’d be in and out of the joint before police arrives and this armed robbery turns in to a hostage standoff.

Also I’d pray to God there is going to be no young yahoo with over stimulated imagination and a pistola tucked in his underwear, and who decides to make a choice for everyone there.

To the LEOs posting on this board my question is: What course of action would they recommend to people who find themselves in this situation?
    Last edited by BigLebowski; May 22nd, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

to ski, good luck with that idea. for me,its on cuz
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

I suspect that there will be some variation on the advice of cops depending on who you talk to. If you are unarmed you have pretty well made your choice already. One unarmed against three armed has minimal odds of success and few would suggest that choice.

Many of the previous posts have dealt with the decision and things relative to it. It is a judgement call. My money is on bullets rather than pleas for survival.

Unarmed, you leave the choices to others. It may be that young yahoo that saves your bacon.

I don’t buy that. Facing a suicidal sociopath is not the same as being confronted by a group of thugs that are after my money.
    Also I’d hate to be the one explaining (if survived of course) the reasons behind initiating a gunfight surrounded by unarmed bystanders all over the place, and here is one (or two) laying on the floor with a hole in his/her head.

How do you discern one from the other?

With virtually no experience of doing so I’d say his main objective will be manifested by his initial actions.
    Starts shooting right away………..you know he ain’t after your money http://www.vaildaily.com/article/200...NEWS/911089989……..and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

If a guy with a gun pointed at me asks for my wallet………..I’d give it to him.

As much as it pains me to say, this ain’t me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJnz...eature=related

Act according to your beliefs and I hope that you fare well.

Ditto, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
    With virtually no experience of doing so I’d say his main objective will be manifested by his initial actions.
    Starts shooting right away………..you know he ain’t after your money Vail man faces murder charge | VailDaily.com……..and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

If a guy with a gun pointed at me asks for my wallet………..I’d give it to him.
    Please reference the Layne Bryant in Illinois incident; the BGs didn't start shooting right away, they got the money, took all the WOMEN into a backroom.......AND MURDERED THEM!!!!!

Good luck with your subservience plan, let us know it worked for you if the time ever comes.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Please reference the Layne Bryant in Illinois incident; the BGs didn't start shooting right away, they got the money, took all the WOMEN into a backroom.......AND MURDERED THEM!!!!!

Good luck with your subservience plan, let us know it worked for you if the time ever comes.
    I think it wouldn’t be too hard to select an example that confirms your position and disregard many others that are in conflict with the point you are trying to make. I understand it also applies to the selection of my example as well. It’s hard to avoid confirmation bias……….. Stay safe where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post

+1
    I can't take the chance of being taken to the back. I am willing to be compliant but I will not increase my chances of being gunned down by going to a back room

Would you tell your wife or daughter to get into a car with a BG because he has a gun? Hell no, you fight for your life right there.

They are not moving you to make you more comfortable, they are taking you where they have more control over you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Taking what it says..... they robbed the customers as well and one customer "was able to hide a cell phone".... which implies that they actually checked the customers.

So, based upon that...... everyone hit the floor, because it would be "on".

1) if they are checking people they would find the gun, and I'm not giving up the gun.
    2) every case I know of, when they put you in a cooler it is to shoot them so there are no witnesses.

I'm somewhere in there, I would be looking for an opportunity or making one.
    Glad you posted this, 'cause I was thinking the same thing. Game ON; fast and vicious. Fight to the death mentality.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
    I would cooperate with the tugs, as I have three little boys at home, whose livelihood depends on me and that there is nothing in this world more important to me than to see my boys grow. Hoping they’d be in and out of the joint before police arrives and this armed robbery turns in to a hostage standoff.

Also I’d pray to God there is going to be no young yahoo with over stimulated imagination and a pistola tucked in his underwear, and who decides to make a choice for everyone there.

To the LEOs posting on this board my question is: What course of action would they recommend to people who find themselves in this situation?
    I'm a LEO and I already posted what I would do. I've got little kids too and I fully intend to watch them grow to raise my grandchildren to adulthood and then I expect to bounce my great grandkids on my knee, but unlike you, I'm going to take it upon myself to assure that I get home alive or protect my family if they're with me. I'm NOT going to comply and wait around to be killed while hoping the cavalry shows up in time.

I recommend you decide at what point you're going to fight and get to it because as soon as a bunch of thugs come through the door with guns you can assume that you (and your family if they're there) are as good as dead.

Unlike you and some others that have posted here, the day will NEVER come that I trust my life to the goodwill of some POS robbing a friggin' Denny's or in any other scenario you can imagine.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

I would cooperate with the tugs, as I have three little boys at home, whose livelihood depends on me and that there is nothing in this world more important to me than to see my boys grow.
    Trusting in the good judgment and basic human decency of armed robbers isn't a good strategy to accomplish that.

You have no idea what they REALLY want. Hell, half the time, THEY don't really know what they want.

I carry a voice recorder to record any interactions with POLICE I might have. You think I'm going to trust my LIFE to the intelligence and morals of an armed robber?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links