Would you try to do something? - Page 6

Would you try to do something?

This is a discussion on Would you try to do something? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BigLebowski With virtually no experience of doing so I’d say his main objective will be manifested by his initial actions. Starts shooting ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Would you try to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
    With virtually no experience of doing so I’d say his main objective will be manifested by his initial actions.
    Starts shooting right away………..you know he ain’t after your money http://www.vaildaily.com/article/200...NEWS/911089989……..and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

If a guy with a gun pointed at me asks for my wallet………..I’d give it to him.

As much as it pains me to say, this ain’t me: YouTube - Collateral - Ready, Steady, Go!
    Did you really just post a scene from a movie? Do you think movies are real life?

Sometimes they can be close.
    In this case, dealing with the first subject, IMO, it is a sloppy variation of a viable technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    I believe that you would need to be calm and go with the flow, until they want to move you to the back. 9 time out of 10 that is where the "bad" things are going to happen. Don't let them move you! I always tell my wife that a BG is not taking you somewhere so that they can be more polite. They are taking you there so they have more control and less odds of detection.....exactly what you dont want.

If you have to fight be swift, viscous and have no mercy
    exactly, I have always been taught/told to never let the bad guys move you. If they already hav what they came for and are still hanging around and want you to move to the back room or whatever that is the time to act because your odds are not good at that point.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

I would cooperate with the tugs, as I have three little boys at home, whose livelihood depends on me and that there is nothing in this world more important to me than to see my boys grow. Hoping they’d be in and out of the joint before police arrives and this armed robbery turns in to a hostage standoff.

Also I’d pray to God there is going to be no young yahoo with over stimulated imagination and a pistola tucked in his underwear, and who decides to make a choice for everyone there.

To the LEOs posting on this board my question is: What course of action would they recommend to people who find themselves in this situation?
    I have to ask... do you carry a weapon? If you do then I have to ask the follow up question. Why? You don't seem as though you are willing to use it even in a clearly life threatening situation.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

I believe some are missing the go with the flow while you can. I don't believe that you are going to beat someone with a gun in your face. I also don't believe you should be stone faced or outwardly angery. You need to try to be the gray man. Don't draw attention untill you have made the decision to defend your self. I know I'm not Rambo, or a super hero, but I do know I'm not going in the back room.

Much to our regret, they too will shoot the first or the most likely threat. Therefore, maybe one ought to at least act scared, compliant, meek and weak...before doing your best to kill the ********.

Back 40

It can be done with the proper technique, surprise, good reflexes and a little luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoUSFbulls View Post
    Did you really just post a scene from a movie? Do you think movies are real life?
    My reference was to those who think their Hollywood induced understanding of this situation would allow them to do all those things they suggested to OP.
    I thought it was pretty obvious, but your inability to detect sarcasm in this post and therefore complete misunderstand it is surprising.
    Whatcha got ain't nothin new. ....... you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity.
    Ellis, No Country for Old Men.

Real life doesnt go down like on TV, Jack Bauer is a fictional character that has takenout many BG's waving or pointing a weapon at him or his fellow "fictional characters". Be very alert of your surroundings and react towards safer ground. Then defend only when necassery. Do your homework, there are plenty good guyz sitting behind bars or dead cause they tried to play Jack Bauer. There are several who are no longer with us because they intervened and was taken out, one event comes to mind(Tyler Courthouse Shooting). Train yourself to SURVIVE these and similar encounters. Now that could mean pulling out your weapon and blasting away or that could just simply be finding an exit while BG is busy slinging lead at LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Back 40

It can be done with the proper technique, surprise, good reflexes and a little luck.
    I agree it can be done, it is very high risk but if that's your only chance by all means I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GoUSFbulls View Post
    The only reason you go to a Denny's "late Wednesday night" is to get a greasy meal after a night of drinking. That means no firearm. Not saying anyone here would be put themselves in that situation, but it makes an easy target for the bad guys.
    Actually, I used to regularly go to Denny's on Wednesday nights after open shooting at our club. No liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    I have to ask... do you carry a weapon? If you do then I have to ask the follow up question. Why? ........

I don't.....And yet I'm still among the living. I know it's shocking to some.
    Whatcha got ain't nothin new. ....... you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity.

Well that changes the whole conversation now doesn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by 45tek View Post
    Real life doesnt go down like on TV, Jack Bauer is a fictional character that has takenout many BG's waving or pointing a weapon at him or his fellow "fictional characters". Be very alert of your surroundings and react towards safer ground. Then defend only when necassery. Do your homework, there are plenty good guyz sitting behind bars or dead cause they tried to play Jack Bauer. There are several who are no longer with us because they intervened and was taken out, one event comes to mind(Tyler Courthouse Shooting). Train yourself to SURVIVE these and similar encounters. Now that could mean pulling out your weapon and blasting away or that could just simply be finding an exit while BG is busy slinging lead at LEO.
    The words of wisdom.

I don't.....And yet I'm still among the living. I know it's shocking to some.
    Lots of people don't wear seatbelts and are "still among the living"... except those who have accidents and aren't.

Trusting to luck and the basic decency of violent criminals isn't a good survival strategy. Ask those five women in that Lane Bryant store. You know how to hold a seance, don't you?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links