Would you try to do something?

This is a discussion on Would you try to do something? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Back 40 Well that changes the whole conversation now doesn't it! How is that?...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Would you try to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    Well that changes the whole conversation now doesn't it!
    How is that?
    Whatcha got ain't nothin new. ....... you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity.
    Ellis, No Country for Old Men.

2. Remove Ads

Well it seems as though you might have a hint of dislike when it comes to self defense with a firearm

At what time would you find it to be wise to prorect your self with a firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Lots of people don't wear seatbelts and are "still among the living"... except those who have accidents and aren't.......
    And yet some of them had guns on their belts also...........
    Whatcha got ain't nothin new. ....... you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
    ummm, yeah that was lame

I don't.....And yet I'm still among the living. I know it's shocking to some.
    haha, well now we know why you feel the need to just do as you are told no matter the situation. I thought that you mght not be a carrier based on your responses so I wanted to clarify since it is generally assumed that all the people on this site do carry.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    Well it seems as though you might have a hint of dislike when it comes to self defense with a firearm

At what time would you find it to be wise to prorect your self with a firearm?

I do not have a slightest hint of dislike when it comes to firearms. I consider myself a gun enthusiast and a vocal supporter of the second amendment.

I do not carry where I live, but I do have it on me when on a business trip and find myself looking for a midnight snack in unknown places.

And I appreciate the question and the opportunity to clarify my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    haha, .... I thought that you mght not be a carrier based on your responses so I wanted to clarify since it is generally assumed that all the people on this site do carry.
    Good eye....

Reminds me of the final scene from Pulp Fiction. I honestly don't know what I would do. But I'd rather go out fighting then allow myself to be executed.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Some probably had fire extinguishers and asthma inhalers too. Since those things won't keep you from being thrown through the windshield of an automobile in a head on crash, nobody should have them, right?

about 10-15 years ago,robbers herded people into a cooler in a ''browns chicken' then shot them to death,im not getting put in any cooler

You can hang on to my choice of words all you want; it still does not change the bottom line- you do not argue with a muzzle of the gun in your face, no matter who points it at you, a compliance demanding LEO, threatening stray dog of a thug, or jealousy ridden ex. requesting an account of your last night’s whereabouts……..That’s just my opinion.

You suggested starting shooting as the best way to avoid the above mentioned rendezvous with a gun, and I’d wholeheartedly agree with that if I were the only patron in there.
    Introduction of many other people at the scene with the possibility of a collateral damage makes me not so sure….but that’s for another thread.

My original question was: what do you suppose to do when already facing the gun? Is the selection to cooperate in order to pick a better spot for a strike (or perhaps a chance to get out of the whole thing unscarred) carries the same low percentage of survival as the attempt to draw and fight right there?
    What do I do, knowing that they are checking people as they rob them? Like I said before, once they find my gun and badge I'm a dead man, and I'm not going to die in the hopes that they'll spare you and the rest of the flock. I engage at the first opportunity. If I have a gun pointed at me I have no choice but to engage anyway. I attack, I move, I do something, ANYTHING to create a moment to draw. I will risk being shot in order to keep from being killed.

As for what you should do? Since you're not carrying a gun you're no help to me so get the hell out of the way and let me work.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Cops and criminals view, listen to and study some scenarios and stories, as read in books and in magazines, and as seen on TV and movie screens; also just for gun fun and laughs, separating the wheat from the chaff, taking said and similar scenes and scenarious with a grain of salt and getting from them what they can. Programs that use gun experts are not hurt, because it is better to learn some things instead of dangerous dumb things. They may likewise be reading most of these posts and taking notes.

Let's hope that all their notes come from the BigLebowski's posts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links