Doctor carry... - Page 3

Doctor carry...

This is a discussion on Doctor carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, I had not noticed all of the responses. Thanks to all who have added their input. I'm thinking that the thinnest .45 he can ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctor carry...

Wow, I had not noticed all of the responses. Thanks to all who have added their input.

I'm thinking that the thinnest .45 he can get is going to be something like the Kimber Ultra Carry II.. No? I compared it to the Sig P250 Subcompact Nitron, and it seems to be quite thinner, thus easier to conceal... ? Thoughts on the comparison?

I'm going to call my SIL here in a minute and get more info about what he will be doing exactly, and where they will be living. I'll update with some specifics sometime tonight.

Again, thank you for your input.

-Jason
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Doctor carry...

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    First of all, no disrespect intended, but your argument is what the anti's use. "The world is safe, no one needs a gun." While he may be safe while at work in the hospital, how about walking to his car early in the morning or late at night? Or when someone comes in to finish off their gunshot wound victim, as often happens in gang violence? Or when someone goes crazy on him because he had to tell them that their wife or kid just passed away?
    Points well taken. I was presuming protection IN the hospital. Everyone needs protection outside of it.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Doctor carry...

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
    Wow, I had not noticed all of the responses. Thanks to all who have added their input.

I'm thinking that the thinnest .45 he can get is going to be something like the Kimber Ultra Carry II.. No? I compared it to the Sig P250 Subcompact Nitron, and it seems to be quite thinner, thus easier to conceal... ? Thoughts on the comparison?

I'm going to call my SIL here in a minute and get more info about what he will be doing exactly, and where they will be living. I'll update with some specifics sometime tonight.

Again, thank you for your input.

-Jason
    The Kimber Ultra Carry II would be a great choice. Also have him look at the Glock 36 or Glock 30/30SF.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    Where do you guys work? I have never been in a hospital that allows you to carry a knife much less pack a pistol, and I've been working in hospitals for over 25 years.
    Please note, I didn't say I don't carry one or both. But, one must be very descreet if one is going to carry in a hospital, or you can lose your job very quickly.

Thanks for all the great replys! I've relayed much of info back to my SIL, and asked her to get him talking about his thoughts on an everyday carry system.. I heard back today that after talking it over, he is thinking of ankle carrying a smaller gun during work hours, and then carrying the P250 outside of work.. Or something like that.. Lucky SOB is going to get 2 guns out this whole thing.

So, now we'll start talking revolvers with him ;)

Pretty sure i'm now in love with the Kimber UC II after handling it though..
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

VIP Member
    I just hope he doesn't get caught carrying. If he does he will probably lose his job, his permit, and depending on if it is classified by the state as a felony, his right to even own a gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

^ I'll let him wiegh the options and decide. ;)
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

wildly Belligerent patients do get paralyzed and intubated here. It is done
    "To protect the patient because of bizarre behavior that may be indicative of head injury."
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

i think one could certainly carry a 3" 1911 in a smart carry with scrubs.
    yes. bad things happen at hospitals. few weeks ago a man shot three ladies just outside a hospital in knoxville. was posted on here.
    as mentioned a million times above, its illegal to carry in a hospital in MI. if you werent in michigan, most likely at a minimum the hospital would have a policy against it. i certainly cant suggest disobeying a law. if ur in detroit, dont be carrying in a hospital. there are other legal options you have for defense, use those.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

The Doctor doesn't carry. He has his sonic screwdriver.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Just getting caught up on the thread here.... If hospital carry is indeed "against the law" where ever he ends up then make sure he is well aware, multiple people have already mentioned it, but it is important, even if it is a stupid law/prohibition.

Have 1 year left of med school myself and just can't see any real easy way of carrying with srubs, J-frame in ankle holster seems the best option to me. Scrub pants tie at the waist, so you're gonna have to undo that to get to anything underneath. Better practice 1 hand technique with the other hand holding up the pants. :)

Something else I'd suggest is see about getting some sort of pocket/holster sewn into the inside of his whitecoat. I've seen coats with fairly large pockets inside and shouldn't be too hard to adapt that to hold most handguns.

Another option is off-body carry in a planner or something. With the coat and planner he just has to be anal about not letting those get out of his control, and if he's like most other docs out there, his day can get crazy, he can get stressed and leave a coat or other item behind...

Of course this is all mute if it's illegal there, stupid as it may be we do have to follow it and if that's the case then focus energy on changing it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links