Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
28.425o. amended Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined;
exceptions to subsection (1); violation; penalties.
1. *Schools or school property but may carry in the while in a vehicle on school property while dropping off
or picking up if a parent or legal guardian. (Act 719 allows carry in parking lots. See below)
2. Public or private day care center, public or private child caring agency, or public or private child placing
3. Sports arena or stadium
4. A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the
5. Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of
worship, unless the presiding official allows concealed weapons
6. An entertainment facility that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or
7. A hospital
8. A dormitory or classroom of a community college, college, or university
9. A Casino
10. Premises does not include parking areas of the above places 1 thru 8.
The parking lots of Casino’s are off Limits to those with a permit to carry.
Administrative Order 2001-1 of the Michigan Supreme Court:
"Weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by
judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior
approval consistent with the court’s written policy."