need help CCW'ing in an incredibly lucky situation for me

This is a discussion on need help CCW'ing in an incredibly lucky situation for me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mk, so my friend Mallory invited me to her house on Tuesday to hang out and go swimming with her. How would I go about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help CCW'ing in an incredibly lucky situation for me

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

need help CCW'ing in an incredibly lucky situation for me

Mk, so my friend Mallory invited me to her house on Tuesday to hang out and go swimming with her. How would I go about carrying my firearm, I plan on wearing my swim trunks under a pair of belted shorts and a T-shirt. my concern is how to hide my gun while laying out and during general frolicking, I am thinking IWB and when i change just fold my shorts over the handle
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Leave it locked in the trunk of your car if it's an issue. Don't leave it unsecured out of your care, custody, and control. That's a big no no. Don't just try to hide it.

Locked up or on your person.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    go inside and change into your swim trunks, then leave the gun inside the house hidden with your other clothes.

I wouldn't want to be near the pool with my gun on. What if she decides to push you in the pool while your packing? Not going to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    go inside and change into your swim trunks, then leave the gun inside the house hidden with your other clothes.

I wouldn't want to be near the pool with my gun on. What if she decides to push you in the pool while your packing? Not going to be fun!
    I think that's a solid idea. Leave your loaded firearm unsecured in another person's residence. That's got win written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dropped_71chevy View Post
    I think that's a solid idea. Leave your loaded firearm unsecured in another person's residence. That's got win written all over it.
    I think you got that right! Never leave your weapon unsecured anywhere!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Bring a gym bag with your trunks, towel etc. in it and go in to the bathroom change. Place your weapon in the bag then. If you own some kind of lockable gun box you could even lock the weapon up in the bag!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I asked a somewhat similar question earlier in the year, I was about to go on a whitewater rafting trip and I needed some way to keep the gun on my person...

I actually never brought it on the trip because:
    #1 - the equipment never arrived on time
    #2 - the safety equipment was so bulky that I probably would not have had any way to attach a sort of bag to me
    #3 - (hindsight) - I nearly drowned on the river and I'm pretty sure those life vests are not military-rated - they weren't expecting a carrier in the first place...

maybe you could make like a lady and get a leg holster + J-frame/PPS and hide it underneath your swim trunks... LOLOLOLOL
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

I think ill go with thumpers idea, i have a small locking gun box that i can keep in my day pack, ill just bring that with my trunks, and then when i change slip it into the lockbox

how sad is it that that thought never crossed my mind
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

is it that bad of a neighborhood ?

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I think ill go with thumpers idea, i have a small locking gun box that i can keep in my day pack, ill just bring that with my trunks, and then when i change slip it into the lockbox

how sad is it that that thought never crossed my mind
    Don't let your day pack out of your sight...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Agreed with the small lock box and as retsupt said do NOT let it out of your sight. Have fun! (and no, being pushed into a pool while carrying is NOT fun... Been there done that got the nasty looks from people I didnt know because the shirt was soaked, clung to the holster and gun... TALK ABOUT PRINTING, made interesting dinner converstation later though)
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

My CCP instructor was telling us about placing a small pocket pistol in a ziploc bag and keeping it in a cargo pocket. Generally I don't worry that much about it. But I don't swim much either.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

dmaxx, no it is not in a "bad" neighborhood, but i have seen some of the people that live there and i know her neighbor is a paranoid schizophrenic, that being said, i have a license to carry, not a license to carry when i think i need it. (hope that didnt sound rude, it was not my intention i just could not think of a better way to get my point across) if i am going somewhere i think i might need my gun, my brain has either shut off, or they have something i can only get there, such as when the zombies attack and i crave a twinkie. and retsupt, that goes without saying, but thank you for the reminder, people do forget to watch their bags and thats how guns get stolen

Living in arizona we deal with this issue all the time.. My community pool is not in the greatest area and a lot of not so nice people decide to come in.

I recommend my approach. Go to amazon.com and buy a food saver vacuum sealer, place gun and spare magazine in the bag, and vacuum pack it.. try and cut the bag as small as possible before hand. This way as the bag seals it nicely follows the outline of your gun. (place the mag bellow the barrel and up on the trigger guard).

Now all you need i a cheap knife to carry incase you need to open it, you are good to swim with the gun still on your person IWB, just dont do any jumping or anything physical, cuse it will drop like a rock if it comes out..

But seriously if its at a house dont worry leave it in the car. Use the weapon that is the most devastating of them all, your head.

ChuckAZ, that's a wonderful idea. I may have to use that one. To add to it, since it's soon that he's going, walmart carries these as well, but are on the expensive end if you intend to use it just this one time. Someone above said a ziplock bag, but I'd worry about that somehow opening up. If you don't have a Food Saver, call a couple friends, or older ladies that won't mind if you borrow it for a few minutes--they can also show you how to use it, cause it took me a couple tries for me to really get mine working appropriately (beef stew is not a good thing to try in it for the first time).
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links