Wife's WWW Completed

This is a discussion on Wife's WWW Completed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just for fun, we decided that she needed to be "official". Plus we haven't seen too many WWW's lateley here at DC. My wife has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's WWW Completed

Cool Wife's WWW Completed

Just for fun, we decided that she needed to be "official". Plus we haven't seen too many WWW's lateley here at DC. My wife has completed her Wally World Walk! (WWW).

We printed out the DC tactical map, but our WW is not laid out the same as on the map, nor do they sell some of the items on the checklist. So we had to improvise a bit. No nachos here...so we proceded directly to find a cover garment. It seems that most of the clothing items sold by our WW are of the "big & tall" variety and don't exactly fit my petite wife. I had to give her a hall pass on this one as she happened to be wearing a hoody picked up as a cover garment from there a few weeks earlier. It was concealing the SP101 just fine...pass. She then proceeded back to the movie section and picked up "Hitman"...I love that movie. Good one to get for this mission too....pass. As we are making our way to the ammo counter we snag a bag of beef jerkey...a weak substitute for the steaks to grill. It was really the only option from a beef perspective...they are in the process of expanding to include the food section of the store. She gets to the the ammo counter to find that they have NO .357 or .38spcl. So she bought me some ammo ...2 boxes of Federal .45 and 2 boxes of WWB 9MM. Not sure if they sold milk there but we had plenty at home ...so off to checkout. No encounters...no WWAG calls. Partial completion of list but she made it out safe and sound.

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Wal-mart..... high standard, low ammo prices
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

GM
    Congratulations! Your wife is now an ”official trusted” CCW owner because she could complete the WWW without shooting anyone in that place! And if you can be trusted in the place, then you can be trusted almost all over the places

I cannot believe that you found .45 ACP at WW! Here they never have them. How does the CBOB like the Federal?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congratulations on your wife's WWW and welcome to the official WWW club.

Great wife you've got.

Stay safe.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

Congrats! One more item checked off the list! Be safe!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    ...I cannot believe that you found .45 ACP at WW! Here they never have them. How does the CBOB like the Federal?
    Thanks GM. For some reason the past 2 months there's been more Federal .45 on the shelf than they will sell me. Been in stock consistently. They also have more .40 than anything else....might need to go buy a .40 now The CBOB seems to like the Federal a lot. Been dealing with some slidelock issues...magazine related, I think. DW just replaced both magazines for me...need to try them out. Picke up a Wilson 47D too...we'll see which is better.

Congrats on your wife's first WWW while carrying. You gotta love the ammo prices!

Stay vigilant!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Thanks GM. For some reason the past 2 months there's been more Federal .45 on the shelf than they will sell me. Been in stock consistently. They also have more .40 than anything else....might need to go buy a .40 now The CBOB seems to like the Federal a lot. Been dealing with some slidelock issues...magazine related, I think. DW just replaced both magazines for me...need to try them out. Picke up a Wilson 47D too...we'll see which is better.
    WW here has many different calibers, rarely 9mm, and a lot of .40 almost all the time. But never .45

I had problems with my CBOB too; it was not possible to rack the slide. I sent it to them and in less than two weeks it got it back. DW’s customer service is great! Since I use Militec-1 on the other guns I asked them if it was recommended for using on the CBOB, and they said that it was very fine. First I clean the gun with Gunzilla, and then I oil it with Militec-1 (the mags too); it works very well. But I am planning to get some Wilson mags too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Hmm. I thought the WWW only pertained to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Campeck1911 View Post
    Hmm. I thought the WWW only pertained to OC?
    Quite the opposite in my experience.....Hence, the "Cover Garment" requirement on the DC Tactical map and list. It's a way for those who are new to CC and might feel that they have a watermellon concealed under their shirt to realize that not everyone is looking at you. Only a few WWW's i've seen were done OC. Maybe we'll have to try that too.

ooooo. The WWW is actually a walk with things to pick up and stuff? See I thought It just meant walking around Wall Mart OCing and hoping you don't get the MWAG call. haha.

my bad.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats on your wife's WWW! She's ready to face the world now:)
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Tell your wife congrats, and welcome to the club.

Congrats to the wife for her WW Trek...be sure to have he send in the application for the certificate to DC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats to the wife and thanks for the picture. Gave me a laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links