From Their Cold Dead Hands - Page 2

From Their Cold Dead Hands

This is a discussion on From Their Cold Dead Hands within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I registered on their little site and left this response for this starry eyed 2nd year Political Science major. ------------------ First, terrorists generally use bombs, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I registered on their little site and left this response for this starry eyed 2nd year Political Science major.

------------------

First, terrorists generally use bombs, not guns.

Second, do you really want to give the government the authority to suspend any of your civil rights at their sole discretion, without due process?

It doesn’t seem you’ve thought this matter through. Remember, the power you give the government today to control someone else, can be used tomorrow to control you.

If you insist upon worrying about guns in the hands of terrorists, worry about them bringing in machine guns from South America, not what they might by off the shelf in the U.S.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The government controls the Postal Service, it is broke!
    The government controls Social Security, it is broke!
    The government controls Amtrak, it is broke!
    There are 10-12 million illegal aliens in this country that the government casts a blind eye upon!
    It took the government how long to respond to the victims of Hurricane Katrina?
    With all the government regulations and inspections in place for the safe construction and maintenance of offshore drilling platforms, the present disaster still manages to take place!
    Why would we assume the government is capable of managing our health care and protecting us against terrorism?
    Do you want to give them the benefit of doubt?

I'm glad to see the University of California is producing open minded young journalist.

The part that made me laugh is
    how gung-ho Americans are about fighting terrorists
    We have the mayor of New York speculating the Time Square bomber is a conservative angry at the health care bill.

and Attorney General Eric Holder refusing to consider "radical Islam" as a possible motive.

The lib toadie that wrote the article is nothing more than a bleeding-heart name-calling jackhole.

Two can play that game.

I think it was Ben Franklin that said "Anyone willing to give up a little liberty in the name of security deserves neither" Buttheads like that ought to take some second-year US history courses too
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    The private person should have the right to discriminate, without being charged or sued or pestered or prosecuted or punished for racist profiling hate; or at least to do some profiling without smiling, asking for and recording ID, you see. A CCW license at least shows people who know that the pictured person has been background checked more than most folks.
    I concur.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

There should exists some kind of licensing and mandatory background check and writing test for 'journalists.'

Any domestic violence or DWI -- add to the list -- should bar them from computers and news business forever.

One written lie and they'd receive a twenty-year sentence.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links