Judge: No Gun For Gun Rights Advocate

This is a discussion on Judge: No Gun For Gun Rights Advocate within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Judge: No Gun For Gun Rights Advocate - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee A gun rights advocate will not be allowed to carry his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge: No Gun For Gun Rights Advocate

Judge: No Gun For Gun Rights Advocate - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee

A gun rights advocate will not be allowed to carry his weapon while he faces a homicide charge.

Jesus Gonzalez, 23, is out on bond. He appeared Thursday morning in a Milwaukee County courtroom where prosecutors asked that he be barred from possessing a dangerous weapon. That condition was not included in his initial release.

Gonzalez is accused of shooting two men on May 9, one of them fatally. According to court records, Gonzalez called 911 after the shooting and said two people tried to assault him when he went outside to move his car.

The man who survived the shooting, Jered Corn, told a different story. He said he left a bar with his uncle, Danny John, and as they walked he saw Gonzalez holding a gun, threatening them. Both Corn and John suffered gunshot wounds. John died at the hospital.

Gonzalez gained state-wide attention last year while he pushed for the right to carry a gun in public. In April 2009, Gonzalez told 12 News he got a gun after being mugged and that it was his right to carry one.

Judge Kevin Martens ruled Thursday morning that Gonzalez, "not possess any dangerous weapon including, not limited to, a firearm." Martens also restricted travel for Gonzalez. He is not allowed to leave the state without approval from the court.

Gonzalez and his attorney left the courtroom without comment.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right. -- Cicero

So...he hasn't been convicted of a crime...but his rights are infringed upon?? IIRC, the two "victims" are well-known to police and have criminal records....I believe they found the wrong person to bully...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Yeah I am sure he was just standing outside and decided to randomly threaten two innocent bystanders. I do not know why anyone continues to live and pay taxes to states and cities that refuse to recognize their rights to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I do not know why anyone continues to live and pay taxes to states and cities that refuse to recognize their rights to defend themselves.
    If I didn't have a job here, I would look in almost every other state and be willing to move. I've considered living across the Mississippi in MN, but since family, friends, and work are here, I may as well stay here. Doesn't help that my fiance doesn't want to leave her family.

Jesus is apparently a really nice person. I haven't met him myself, but a lot of the OC fellas in WI have. I hope everything turns out alright for him.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

That's standard conditions for pretrial release just about every place in the USA. Has been for decades.

Anyone that thinks this is something new is very uninformed about the criminal justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    That's standard conditions for pretrial release just about every place in the USA. Has been for decades.

Anyone that thinks this is something new is very uninformed about the criminal justice system.

I was given my weapon back within 24 hours. I also did not go to jail. I went to the office to fill out paperwork and give a statement. I won't get into detail regarding this because I don't like to in public forums but let's just say the legal aspect of it was pleasant and non stressful. Although this is Arizona.

It is quite possible there is more to this story than what is being reported?

Were you indicted for homicide, attempted murder, agrivated assault or similar charges?

A bit of a difference between a guy who has a shooting that is considered justified by the police and someone who is being charged with major felonies...wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Were you indicted for agrivated assault or attempted murder?
    No, which Is why I think there is more to the story above.

Well...

He was.

Thats why he's being treated differently than you were.

I also think the anti-gun environment he lives in has a lot to do with it.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Gonzalez may not possess "any dangerous weapon including, but not limited to, a firearm."

No pens, screwdrivers, telephone books, vehicles, car keys, marble or glass ash trays, scissors, lumber, hand tools, power tools, sharp sticks... oh yeah, he can't have hands, either. Or feet. Or teeth, or elbows, or knees.

Idiots.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    So...he hasn't been convicted of a crime...but his rights are infringed upon?? IIRC, the two "victims" are well-known to police and have criminal records....I believe they found the wrong person to bully...
    It's a condition of bond. Had the judge felt so inclined, he could have ordered that the defendant dress exclusively in bright orange when outside his home.

The conditions of your bond are pretty much what the judge feels like setting. One is free to remain in jail if the conditions are felt to be too odious.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Not really - this guy was arrested, and charged with homicide. He then bonded out of jail.

Completely different situation from yours, it would appear.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

here is a link with more details....

Gun buff charged in fatal shooting - JSOnline

Another point to make is that if you get onto the police's radar for filing lawsuits against them, you better be dam sure you don't end up a defendant in a criminal case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links