TENNESSEE CC update

TENNESSEE CC update

This is a discussion on TENNESSEE CC update within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto Today, Thursday, May 27, the Tennessee State Senate overrode Governor Phil Bredesenís (D) veto of Senate Bill 3012 by ...

Thread: TENNESSEE CC update

Talking TENNESSEE CC update

Tennessee Senate Overrides Restaurant Carry Veto

Today, Thursday, May 27, the Tennessee State Senate overrode Governor Phil Bredesenís (D) veto of Senate Bill 3012 by a vote of 22 to 10. This legislation now heads to the State House and could be heard as early as Tuesday, June 1.
    Sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25) and State Representative Curry Todd (R-95), SB 3012 would allow a person who has a valid right-to-carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense in restaurants where alcohol may be served, as long as the permit holder is not consuming alcohol or is not otherwise prohibited by posting provisions.
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I work in a restaurant that serves alcohol! this is especially great news for me!

Restaurants will post. Some here have already started in anticipation that the over ride will pass.

Everybody acts like this is something new, the Saloons in the Old West posted and made you either leave your guns at the Sheriff's office or check them at the door.

I don't necessarily like it, but I am pragmatic enough to know I will have to live with it. The practice has been around over 150 years.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

GM
    That was good!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

They may start posting, but I think you'll see after a year or so the postings start coming down when they realize that it just isn't a problem. MN allows carry in these places, and doesn't even ban drinking while carrying (.04% limit DOES apply) and we don't have problems.

We had a similar thing after CC laws passed; there was an initial flurry of postings that started disappearing soon after. One thing that was noticed was that businesses with signs banning CC were being robbed more than those who didn't.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Sponsored Links