Gun owners in the name only

This is a discussion on Gun owners in the name only within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I’m still amazed of the ‘diversity’ of us – the law-abiding gun owners of America; especially us who choose to carry for self-defense, because s/he ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun owners in the name only

I’m still amazed of the ‘diversity’ of us – the law-abiding gun owners of America; especially us who choose to carry for self-defense, because s/he can, looking cool.

More important, those who ‘choose’ kind of carry and amend their opinions and actions depending of the ever-changing situations - the GONOs. Their attitude resembles more politically correctness than pro-gun - pro Second Amendment - stance.

We accept as normal all kinds of violations of the Second Amendment and the rest of the Constitution, as long as it does not hit is directly. We're selling out our fellow brothers and sisters - and grannys - without blinking an eye.

Your pissed of wife files for restraining order and we all are quiet - he must have been doing something wrong!

Some dude was speeding - a whopping 3 miles/h over the 70 mile limit and subjected to humiliating southern treatment.

When exactly did the world turn upside down?

Yet we are exhilarated when a cop don't blow our head off for walking the streets of PA. Other cops are willing to buy us a cup of coffee once we save his/her butt.

These three threads divulge all there is to be known about our current situation:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ose-carry.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ry-church.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ompromise.html

It's free country still - mostly.

If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post
    Some dude was speeding - a whopping 3 miles/h over the 70 mile limit and subjected to humiliating southern treatment.
    "Southern" treatment? Really? Let's see. Where would you rather get stopped with a concealed firearm? MS? AL? FL? TX?

OR

New York City? Illinois? New Jersey? Wisconsin? Maryland? Washington, DC?

Hey, just a second here? Where are those cities/states in the 2nd group located?
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I wouldn't say these 3 threads divulge all there is to know about the current situation that we find ourselves in. Just my view here, but no mere 3 threads on an internet board can divulge everything, they merely point out 3 occurences that happened and everyone puts their personal responses to them.

Just like in life, no 3 events make up our entire life, it's combination many things.

It's a great day in North Texas, it's going to be sunny, warm, I get to be out in my unit most of the day (paperwork is almost done).

You keep them coming MN2Go, you add a fresh perspective to this forum, it's not the same old I got a gun (hoo rah) attitude that I see so often. I might not always agree, but dang it's, it's fresh and it gets the old brain thinking for sure.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    "Southern" treatment? Really? Let's see. Where would you rather get stopped with a concealed firearm? MS? AL? FL? TX?

OR

Hey, just a second here? Where are those cities/states in the 2nd group located?
    Yea...he was kinda on a roll there, then "shot himself in the foot" with that "Southern" comment...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Ummmm.....what?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I wouldn't say these 3 threads divulge all there is to know about the current situation that we find ourselves in. Just my view here, but no mere 3 threads on an internet board can divulge everything, they merely point out 3 occurences that happened and everyone puts their personal responses to them.

Just like in life, no 3 events make up our entire life, it's combination many things.

It's a great day in North Texas, it's going to be sunny, warm, I get to be out in my unit most of the day (paperwork is almost done).

You keep them coming MN2Go, you add a fresh perspective to this forum, it's not the same old I got a gun (hoo rah) attitude that I see so often. I might not always agree, but dang it's, it's fresh and it gets the old brain thinking for sure.
    Good morning my friend from Texas.

I selected the 3 latest to illustrate that we disagree, or at least have very different ideas on what gun rights should be. Some are eager to sell their soul for nothing (as long as they get to keep their guns), others are ready to start the second revolution.

I'm only happy if any of my contribution make people think the other side of the story; I'm thinking you're trying to do the same. This is how things evolve.

You have a nice day.
    If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.” -- Cicero

VIP Member
    I'm not sure what you're driving at, MN2Go?

Yes, we're diverse, and I'm very thankful for that. It would be very boring if nobody ever countered my opinion.

Yes, we're imperfect. It's a messed up world, and mankind can take most of the credit. Until one day when it is all made right, I take some comfort in doing my part to make every day a little better for somebody. I don't always succeed and somedays I do the opposite. Regardless, I pick myself up and try again the next day. It's all I can do.

'Blessings from the South

What is "humiliating southern treatment"?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're driving at, MN2Go?

Yes, we're diverse, and I'm very thankful for that. It would be very boring if nobody ever countered my opinion.

Yes, we're imperfect. It's a messed up world, and mankind can take most of the credit. Until one day when it is all made right, I take comfort in doing my part to make every day a little better for somebody. I don't always succeed and somedays I do the opposite. Regardless, I pick myself up and try again the next day. It's all I can do.

'Blessings from the South
    Sir, maybe to have a dialogue as to why a simple thing like carrying in a church or shul, letting friends to dictate our self-defense options, etc. bring out so diverse opinions that it is at times hard to believe that we all here are for the Second Amendment and absolute right to carry; yet willing to make all these compromises as if the Constitution were a living document to be interpreted differently daily.

Does I posing the question make any more sense now?

As to diversity in general - I love the colorful world and the people, and I've seen most of it (if you just count the number of countries).

You have a nice day

P.S. It appears that my 'southern' comment truck a raw nerve. Had the incident happened in the land of the Yankee, I'd have said 'yankee treatment.' FYI, I much prefer the south to north.

My idyllic picture of the south comes from my most favorite author, Mr. Pat Conroy and a few visits. That is how I've always seen the "southern people," but I may have got totally wrong impression?

Note to self: Read them fantastic books again and check if it is pure propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post

OR

+1...You beat me to it!!! I reckon that's why we (we Southerners) classify folks from the North in two categories:

Category 1: Yankee, one from North of the Mason Dixon line who visits us Southerners for a short period of time (i.e. vacation), and returns to their home in the North.

Category 2: Dang Yankee, one from North of the Mason Dixon line who visits us Southerners, planning on it being a short period of time, and decides they like it so much in the South that they are going to bless us, and stick around permanently...DANG YANKEE !!!!!

As to the OP, diversity of opinions keeps things interesting fer sure....Ya'll keep them "O pin yuns" flowing now!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by cinsc View Post
    What is "humiliating southern treatment"?
    "Squeal like a pig!"
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I would hardly characterize Pat Conroy's South as "idyllic". Nor would I say his books are pure propaganda. I think Conroy writes to sell books and so his stories tend towards the sensational.
    And, yes, it did strike a nerve. Your original post seemed like a call to unity, yet you include the "humiliating southern treatment" jab - a devisive sounding comment, no matter where you direct it.

GM
    I am sorry for asking, but what is all this about?

I agree with other posts, your comments about the “humiliating southern treatment” and “yankee treatment” - like you later call it - are IMO not appropriate, whatever negative you mean with them. The same thing with ”Yet we are exhilarated when a cop don't blow our head off for walking the streets of PA”. I used to live in PA, and I highly respect the LEOs there.

And irrespective of whatever you mean with the rest of your post, what do three treads found on the Internet prove? IMO absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by GM; May 28th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by MN2Go View Post
    FYI, I much prefer the south to north.

In that case, I will notify the Dixie Border Patrol to remove your name from the "Not permitted to cross the Mason Dixon Line" list. Thank you for clarifying. I must admit, I tend to get big prickly regarding Southern stereotypes, and I say that having lived as far north as New York City and as far west as the TX/NM border.

I love MN and would like to be able to convince my wife to go along with my plan to retire in a little house on the water somewhere in the UP.

Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    "Squeal like a pig!"
    Sounds like somebody has been up visiting in Grady County...
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links