Idaho airport carry?

This is a discussion on Idaho airport carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carrying in the non-secured areas of the airport is GTG here, correct? I can't find anything that says otherwise....

Thread: Idaho airport carry?

Exclamation Idaho airport carry?

Carrying in the non-secured areas of the airport is GTG here, correct? I can't find anything that says otherwise.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKREAPER View Post
    Carrying in the non-secured areas of the airport is GTG here, correct? I can't find anything that says otherwise.
    Looks OK. I probably wouldn't OC though.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKREAPER View Post
    Carrying in the non-secured areas of the airport is GTG here, correct?
    If not 'properly' Posted.

Wichita [ICT] Mid-Continent airport is owned by the City.

Each and every entry door is correctly posted with the one, and only one, 'Gun-Buster' sign approved by the KS Attorney General. No go in the building but per KS law parking lots can not be posted.

In Kansas, if you have a Concealed Carry license / permit, you can have a loaded weapon accessible in the vehicle. No license = no loaded gun in the car anytime / anywhere.

I've carried in the Idaho Falls airport (not past security of course). I did not see any signs and there is no reference in any of the laws I checked.

Slightly off topic, I am disappointed that the roadside rest areas in Idaho are posted (that seems to be a good place to be armed).
    NRA Life Member

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    Slightly off topic, I am disappointed that the roadside rest areas in Idaho are posted (that seems to be a good place to be armed).
    "No guns" signs mean nothing in Idaho. These are the only places you can't legally carry:
    Are there places where I cannot carry a concealed weapon even with a permit?

Yes. You may not carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility, adult correctional facility, prison, jail, public school or private school.
    Concealed Weapons Permit FAQs

I was rather surprised that Idaho statue does not even mention 'Gun-Buster' signs and because they are often a point of disagreement then having no requirement at all is best. Points out the importance of knowing state law.

Perhaps the next NRA National Convention should be in Idaho.

Idaho Code §18-3302

(7) Except in the person’s place of abode or fixed place of business, or on property in which the person has any ownership or leasehold interest, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon without a license to carry a concealed weapon. For the purposes of this section, a concealed weapon means any dirk, dirk knife, bowie knife, dagger, pistol, revolver, or any other deadly or dangerous weapon. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any lawfully possessed shotgun or rifle.
    (9) While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded.
    Idaho Code §18-3302C

Any person obtaining a license under the provisions of section 18-3302, Idaho Code, shall not:
    (1) Carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility or jail, public or private school, ...
    Idaho Code § 18-3302D

(1) (a) It shall be unlawful and is a misdemeanor for any person to possess a firearm or other deadly or dangerous weapon while on the property of a school or in those portions of any building, stadium or other structure on school grounds which, at the time of the violation, were being used for an activity sponsored by or through a school in this state or while riding school provided transportation.
    (b) The provisions of this section regarding the possession of a firearm or other deadly or dangerous weapon on school property shall also apply to students of schools while attending or participating in any school sponsored activity, program or event regardless of location.
    CHAPTER 33 FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND OTHER DEADLY WEAPONS

I went and carried. No signs or anything. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by AceHi View Post
    I've carried in the Idaho Falls airport (not past security of course). I did not see any signs and there is no reference in any of the laws I checked.

I have also done so in IF and other area airports. just cant go past the detectors.

Links