After you've fired your weapon in defense!

This is a discussion on After you've fired your weapon in defense! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do we all carry our lawyers number with us, just in case? Here is a site that was recommended by a lawyer Armed Citizen's Legal ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: After you've fired your weapon in defense!

After you've fired your weapon in defense!

Do we all carry our lawyers number with us, just in case?
    Here is a site that was recommended by a lawyer Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

My lawyer would be found by searching the yellow pages if need be. If I'm able to search the yellow pages, that means I'm still alive and able to do so. The rest depends on what's between here and where I might have gone had I not come out on the winning side. A retainer fee? That's not going to save me from harm's way. Only I can do that to the best of my abilities. If you ever think things will go down the wrong road, we had an old saying in the service.....save one for yourself. Twelve peoples opinions would never save my life...only I will.

Yellow Pages?

Talk to a LEO acquaintance and ask them who they would use if they had to use their weapon. You want someone experienced in this sort of thing, not someone who has a huge ad in the YP.
    I have the name and number of just such a person in my wallet and phone. Meet with them; the first consultation is free. Let them know who you are and why you MIGHT need their services. I have had my CHL since '96 and that attorney info was in my wallet before my CHL arrived i the mail. I buy him lunch about once a year just to stay in touch.
    A bit of forethought now makes sense because if you just had to deploy your weapon, you might not be thinking absolutely clearly when making the choice of the person who can keep you out of jail and make a big difference in the outcome of the civil suit that is sure to follow...

Just my $0.02 if it's worth that much.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr View Post
    Yellow Pages?

Talk to a LEO acquaintance and ask them who they would use if they had to use their weapon. You want someone experienced in this sort of thing, not someone who has a huge ad in the YP.
    I have the name and number of just such a person in my wallet and phone. Meet with them; the first consultation is free. Let them know who you are and why you MIGHT need their services. I have had my CHL since '96 and that attorney info was in my wallet before my CHL arrived i the mail. I buy him lunch about once a year just to stay in touch.
    A bit of forethought now makes sense because if you just had to deploy your weapon, you might not be thinking absolutely clearly when making the choice of the person who can keep you out of jail and make a big difference in the outcome of the civil suit that is sure to follow...

Just my $0.02 if it's worth that much.
    Doesn't the Fraternal Order of Police provide a free lawyer to cops when they use their weapon or something like that?
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    Doesn't the Fraternal Order of Police provide a free lawyer to cops when they use their weapon or something like that?
    Yup. That's why I suggested that the OP talk to a LEO and ask him who they use when it happens to them.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I got mine in my wallet.

"I was in fear for my life, I want to call my lawyer.........silence......"

I have my self-defense (NOT criminal defense) lawyer's office, home and cell numbers in my and my wife's phones.

If the day ever comes when the weapon gets drawn, aimed, fired--I will call 911, then my attorney.

"Officer, I was in fear for my life. That wo-/man attacked me, or went that-away, or there were x number of others with him/her. I want to press charges. I don't feel good. I need an ambulance. I will answer questions later." (LE gets 48 hrs after an incident before they are required to answer questions, as I understand it.)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I have my self-defense (NOT criminal defense) lawyer's office, home and cell numbers in my and my wife's phones.

If the day ever comes when the weapon gets drawn, aimed, fired--I will call 911, then my attorney.

"Officer, I was in fear for my life. That wo-/man attacked me, or went that-away, or there were x number of others with him/her. I want to press charges. I don't feel good. I need an ambulance. I will answer questions later." (LE gets 48 hrs after an incident before they are required to answer questions, as I understand it.)
    My lawyer has told me that saying that to the police is saying too much. I've been told to just give the police my ID and CPL and give them any info needed to ID me. Then tell them I want my lawyer. Yes, I have his name and number in my wallet and burn into my brain.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

(1) I am a member of the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network. I believe in it's goals and think It's prudent to be a member.

(2) Alas, despite alll my searching I have yet to find a self-defense lawyer in Albuquerque or it's environs.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Does no one trust the public defender these days?
    Knowing is half the battle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    Now I don't care who you are... that right there is funny!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The guy who taught my PTC class here in MN has on the back of the business card he gave us the name and number of 4 lawyers he would recommend. Hopefully one will be available should the situation ever arise.

Florida

If you passed the three tests in the law - In a place where you have a legal right to be, meeting force with equal deadly force, to stop an immediate forceable felony - you would only be asked for ID and perhaps your CCW. An immediate arrest is only possible if these three tests have not been clearly met - i.e. you shot somebody 5 times in the back of the head, and there was no indication that who you shot had any conceivable deadly force capability. Any questions about the event would be resolved later by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    Its not exactly free... you are paying for that lawyers and the unions services throughout your entire career. Your coworkers are also paying every paycheck, no matter if they use the services or not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    No.

If involved in an incident...I want the best defense....not just a defense.

There was someone's signature that said: Your last public defender should not be referred to as "your attorney"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links