Finally had to get a new carry weapon. FNP-40

This is a discussion on Finally had to get a new carry weapon. FNP-40 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a month of not carrying I just had to get another pistol. My dad had a springfield v-10 compact 1911 that he sold and ...

Thread: Finally had to get a new carry weapon. FNP-40

Finally had to get a new carry weapon. FNP-40

After a month of not carrying I just had to get another pistol. My dad had a springfield v-10 compact 1911 that he sold and gave me $500 to get a new pistol. I went to hoover tactical firearms today and it was a toss up between a compact 1911 by rock island arms, a glock 22, a fnp-40, or a 92fs. I dont care for compact 1911s and i dont car for the 92fs so i compared the glock 22 and the fnp-40 side by side and decided to go with the fnp-40

I came home and put 50 rounds through it and i'm quite please with it. Not crazy about the trigger pull but that might be because i was use to a pt1911 for so long. I'd say for the price it is a nice weapon.

I dont have a good holster yet. I've got an xd gear holster that it fits in and i'm using it for now but it prints bad. I really want an IWB holster if i can find one for the fnp. I've never owned an fn so i dont know much about them. Any suggestions

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Congrats on the FNP!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

AzB
    Is it the USG? I really like the FNPs.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I have the FNP-9. My first-ever .40 caliber was this Smith & Wesson Sigma...bought TWO WEEKS before that $50 rebate or two-free-magazine program started! My FNP-9 is fine, but it took a box of bullets to loosen it up and to get the jamming over with...I hope.

I don't own any FN's but I've been tempted. Of the guns you list I think you made the right choice. Congrats!
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Try the soft Uncle Mike's holsters. Clip on, IWB, soft material ( not the best for re-holstering, but FAST on the draw). I believe the #15 might fit you just fine.

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Look at Crossbreed super tuck I believe they have one for the FNP I had a 40 that I bought used and at the 95 round mark it locked up solid. CS is great, beyond great, I called they sent a ups pickup for it the same day and away it went to repair. The repair facility on the other hand is not up to CS they had the gun for almost 2 months and then sent me a letter that stated I used over pressure rounds so it was not covered under warranty. Called CS (Bob) he said he would look into it and in two days got an email stating that I was to disregard the letter from Service he was replacing the gun. I got a BRAND NEW FNP 40 with three mags and case. Which was awesome because I only had one mag when I bought the gun.

Pics or it didn't happen. !
    Knowing is half the battle.

As an excellent first IWB holster while you are looking at high end is the Don Hume IWB. Leather with large, strong "C" clamp and reinforced for easy holstering. About $27.

Available at Gunners Alley and Top Gun Supply both which are ironically less expensive than the Don Hume site.

Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    I dont have a good holster yet. I've got an xd gear holster that it fits in and i'm using it for now but it prints bad. I really want an IWB holster if i can find one for the fnp. I've never owned an fn so i dont know much about them. Any suggestions
    Most of the reason it prints badly is because it's a HEAVY, LARGE, SERVICE-SIZED SIDEARM. If you were worried about printing, you'd have bought something a bit less cumbersome.

...just sayin'....

Also, make sure you get a holster made for your particular weapon. I would strongly discourage you from using something that you can simply cram it into as a substitute. A proper holster will go far in protecting you and others from NDs, retention problems, &c.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I agree.

Well the holster i am using holds the gun snugly and i've heard that holsters made for the xd will work for the fnp guns.

It's an OWB holster so it is going to print with just a t-shirt. I had a desantis holster for my 1911 and I could wear a t-shirt and you'd never know i had it. I think a good IWB would do the trick

Pics up soon

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    Well the holster i am using holds the gun snugly and i've heard that holsters made for the xd will work for the fnp guns.

Yep, they work great.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    FNP40 here, I love it. Yes, some of the XD holsters fit as do some of the Sig sized ones, but from what I have read, try a few in each as subtle differences in fit make a difference. I did a comparison here (shameless plug):
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...omparison.html
    FNP owners have complained about a lack of oprtions, but I agree with the positive comments about the Crossbreed. High Noon has several which fit including their shoulder rig. DM BUllard makes a holster for the FNP.
    If you want a holster to carry with a light you are very limited (impossible to conceal anyway) in choices, I just bought a Blackhawk Omega IV dropleg rig which is nice but very "tactical". You don't wear it to the store.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links