Who knows you carry?

This is a discussion on Who knows you carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I personally don't care who knows I carry. I am actually working on a program to encourage others (even those who never plan to carry ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who knows you carry?

Who knows you carry?

I personally don't care who knows I carry. I am actually working on a program to encourage others (even those who never plan to carry ) to get their firearms license. So my status will be well known.But do you discuss your carry status? If so with whom?
    Do you tell a date or someone before you enter their home?

2. Remove Ads

Close friends (friends that carry) and family. Its probably best as little people as possible know about ones carry status. However when someone brings up handguns at work, I cant help but to try and encourage others to carry as well.
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

Only my immediate family knows I carry, and they encourage it. I do not tell anyone else I carry because I feel its none of their business knowing. When you tell others you carry, say friends or family, they might tell you not to carry around them.

There is only 2 people that I know positively knows I carry. There are a half dozen other people that have seen me open carry that know me. The 2 people that positively know I carry, is my Permit to Carry instructor, who is also a very good friend and colleague and his wife. Of the others it is the owner of the gun shop I frequent and a few people that I go to steel shoots or the range with from time to time. I'm sure more than that may have an idea, but I they have never said anything.

From one BrianB to another BryanB.

Virtually no one, with a couple exceptions.

Friends and coworkers (most either carry or support carry). Some I avoid bringing it up around, though sometimes it's hard to avoid (someone else brings it up).

My parents don't know, though I'm sure they suspect (mum accidentally bumped my gun one day when she hugged me).

My exgirlfriend knew, as well as her family and she seemed to tell all of her friends. Didn't bother me, no one seemed to care (one wanted to go shooting with me).
    Knowing is half the battle.

Everyone who knows me well!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I made the mistake once of telling a friend I carry a handgun the next week in church he outed me to someone I didn't want to know. I tell no one

My immediate family (wife and 4 kids), my parents and brother (wife's family doesn't know), my team at work (we have a bunch of gun discussions), and my neighbor.. Think that is it.. Oh, and my Realtor (who is also my best friend), carried while looking for our house..

Only a very few know that I do. My daughter, my ex-wife and 3 close friends. Other than that I don't tell anyone.

My wife and kids(I occasionally remind my kids not to tell anybody that I do, I don't want any of their little school friends coming up to me and asking about it). My parents(My mom was making fun of how baggy I was wearing my pants and after a few times of her making comments I decided to show her why. She stopped the comments.). And just a few other people. Most of the other people either have their permit or I'm trying to get them to get a permit.

I don't tell anybody that I'm carrying when I enter their home. I figure what they don't know won't hurt them. If anybody did notice and asked me to remove it I would probably just leave.

VIP Member
    My wife, her parents, my parents, and of course, y'all.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I'm honestly not sure if my wife really knows if I do or not, but some of her family does. Some close people at work know I do. And one hockey and one baseball friend. I think that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lp2236 View Post
    When you tell others you carry, say friends or family, they might tell you not to carry around them.
    Only my wife and a couple of close friends who also carry.
    I do not tell anybody else, I don't need to be explaining anybody why I carry a gun. I especially do not want to be in a situation where a friend tells me not to carry when with him/her because I would have to drop them as friends.
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

Anyone who knows me well, but then I have talked many into getting their CCW permit, so many of my associates also enjoy firearms.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links