Anyone from Colorado-Rocky's game

This is a discussion on Anyone from Colorado-Rocky's game within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone been to a Rocky's game lately? What is the security like? Can I carry in the stadium? I got tickets. Semper Fi...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anyone from Colorado-Rocky's game

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,077

    Anyone from Colorado-Rocky's game

    Has anyone been to a Rocky's game lately? What is the security like?
    Can I carry in the stadium? I got tickets.
    Semper Fi

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array HardcoreSlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spring Creek, Nevada
    Posts
    57
    No firearms or other weapons are allowed on Coors Field premises.
    Rockies A-Z Guide | ColoradoRockies.com: Ballpark
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    I went to a game last week. It would be no problem. Typical Colorado rules. Obscure postings, signage has no power of law, no metal detectors, check bags only. A few DPD officers inside enjoying the game. I believe the worst that could happen is they could take your ticket and eject you from the property if they discovered your CCW status.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    BTW,
    The field was built with public funds and by Colorado law they can not ban CCW without a metal detector like the airport that everyone must go through. It's part of CRS 12-18. They are in violation of state law. RMGO may take them on in the future.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,077
    Thanks for the info.
    Semper Fi

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    BTW,
    The field was built with public funds and by Colorado law they can not ban CCW without a metal detector like the airport that everyone must go through. It's part of CRS 12-18. They are in violation of state law. RMGO may take them on in the future.
    Hazy gray area since Coors dumped a ton of money into the stadium - Private funding.

    It's the same as any other business. Post a sign and if caught, secure it off premises or leave. Refusing buys you a trespassing charge, not a weapons charge.

    I am glad, yet surprised that the colleges got smacked in court. Same type of situation. "No Guns Allowed" and if caught all they can do is the same thing, with the exception that they can expel you if you are a student or terminate if you work there.

    Coors Field is in Denver, so no OC by law. The biggest problem this presents is for those that off body CC and their bag gets checked.

    Hard call. I respect the private business to choose to post or not (if it makes their customers feel safe) but when you start getting into the "Public" areas (arenas, museums, stadiums, theaters, transit) other than official State offices, who knows where the funds came from and or who operates it.

    The law is very clear on the off limits requirements, so if one chooses to fight it, and knows that the establishment is not in compliance, presuming you get a level headed person to challenge it with, you would be good to go.
    Sticks

    Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Hazy gray area since Coors dumped a ton of money into the stadium - Private funding.

    It's the same as any other business. Post a sign and if caught, secure it off premises or leave. Refusing buys you a trespassing charge, not a weapons charge.

    I am glad, yet surprised that the colleges got smacked in court. Same type of situation. "No Guns Allowed" and if caught all they can do is the same thing, with the exception that they can expel you if you are a student or terminate if you work there.

    Coors Field is in Denver, so no OC by law. The biggest problem this presents is for those that off body CC and their bag gets checked.

    Hard call. I respect the private business to choose to post or not (if it makes their customers feel safe) but when you start getting into the "Public" areas (arenas, museums, stadiums, theaters, transit) other than official State offices, who knows where the funds came from and or who operates it.

    The law is very clear on the off limits requirements, so if one chooses to fight it, and knows that the establishment is not in compliance, presuming you get a level headed person to challenge it with, you would be good to go.
    In Colorado public colleges have two choices:
    1. Put a metal detector at every entrance and treat each building like an airport secure area.
    2. Allow CCW.

    There is no grey area. RMGO spelled it out to CSU and the community colleges. They all allow CCW. They are working on CU. CU seems to think they have som kind of "Home Rule" priveledge.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,077
    It went well. No problems even on the light rail.
    Concealed is concealed.
    Semper Fi

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    It went well. No problems even on the light rail.
    Concealed is concealed.
    Semper Fi
    See, told you so!! I was dubb enough to leave mine in the car because I didn/'t know for sure.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,077
    Yes you did and it helped. Thanks.
    Semper Fi

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hey! What are you doing here??! Game's on!
    By aznav in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
  2. EA mistakely sends brass knuckle in video game press kit to game reviewers
    By cyberdogg in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
  3. New to the game.
    By Derrin33 in forum Reloading
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
  4. GA getting in the game
    By Bags in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2006, 08:57 PM

Search tags for this page

are ccw's allowed at coors field
,
are concealed weapons allowed in coors field
,
ccw coors field
,
colorado concealed carry coors field
,
colorado coors field no guns
,

colorado rokys

,
concealed carry coors field
,
concealed carry coors trespassing field
,
concealed carry denver museum
,
concealed carry in coors field
,
concealed carry on light rail colorado
,
consealed carry at rocky stadiumdenver
,
coors field concealed carry
,
coors field concealed weapons
,
rocky game colorado
Click on a term to search for related topics.