So I visit the West side of Chicago today...

This is a discussion on So I visit the West side of Chicago today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So myself and the fam are on the West side of Chicago today. Dropped my little cuz off, we are sitting in the car planning ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I visit the West side of Chicago today...

So myself and the fam are on the West side of Chicago today. Dropped my little cuz off, we are sitting in the car planning our next stop on the gps. Then the place turns into Central Baghdad 2003! Automatic (not semi) gunfire to the rear, people running everywhere. I go into my mode, my firearm is where "law abiding citizens" place them when they travel to Illinois. So I am unbuckling, opening the door, my awesome wife yells "there is no time for that, DRIVE!" She's the TC, I comply with orders, yes, I thought I was in a Hummvee (LOL). I blow the stop sign, hop the speed bumps, hang a right on S. Independence and don't look back. Needless to say, I will never return to the war zone ill prepared. Praise Jesus for our safety! I am going to buy my wife a Combat Action Badge. She handled herself very well under fire.

I love my family, hadn't seen them in years. I think its time for them to visit us! The people of Chicago, the law abiding kind, are truly defenseless! They are at the mercy of the low life's that walk the streets. These butt wipes are armed to the teeth! Heck, I don't get to walk the battlefield with a fully auto M4 (nobody fires 3 round bursts in a fire fight), but then again, I don't agree with the "Spray and pray" technique either. We will stay away for a while.

What a day in the USA.

VIP Member
    All the mayor can say is "Guns is not the answer". Maybe he means an RPG would be more appropriate. Only a moron would disarm the law-abiding people but let the criminals run wild with them. Maybe Chicagoians should redvaluate their vote.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

RKM
    "Guns is not the answer"?

Sounds kind of crazy. Defiantly smart to get the hell out of there. The M4's the troops carry don't have full auto?

Distinguished Member
    Eeekk. Illinois and Wisconsin have really tight gun laws, so all the dirt bags that have not stayed moved to Minnesota. It's easy to get a permit there.

Blah blah I could go on. Glad you are safe.

VIP Member
    I thought the South side of Chicago was the baddest part of town...
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    I had a very similar experience this week in a midwestern city too. Sounds like your wife gave you good advice in a time of need.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I really don't understand why the good people of Ill. continue to put up with the likes of daley and his gangsters. This problem has been in Chicago for many years and all they can think of is to disarm the law-abiding citizens. I guess that is a classic example of Chicago politics.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Sounds kind of crazy. Defiantly smart to get the hell out of there. The M4's the troops carry don't have full auto?
    Nope. Three-round bursts is what the issue weapons have. It's entirely possible that troops are modifying their weapons, but I know in the USAF our folks can depend on at least an Article 15 should they "modify" their weaon in the field like that. I used to issue M16A2's and M4's to USAF Deployers out of my base and can attest that all of our weapons had only three round burst, not "AUTO" as the third setting.

Well, your average USAF REMFer's (of which I'm generally a part), anyhow. I can't speak for our SpecOps folks, nor the other Services. I do know, however, that several of the US Army troops I talked to on the subject during my three tours in Iraq all said that their M16's and M4's didn't have full auto.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey View Post
    I really don't understand why the good people of Ill. continue to put up with the likes of daley and his gangsters. This problem has been in Chicago for many years and all they can think of is to disarm the law-abiding citizens. I guess that is a classic example of Chicago politics.
    Because they LIKE it.

Chicago is all about divide and conquer. If you think the guy at the top is going to harm somebody different from you, you'll let him steal your last penny.

Chicago makes breakup era Yugoslavia look like a dope smoking, hippie love-in.

If you're White, you're supposed to hate Blacks.

If you're Black, you're supposed to hate Jews.

If you're Mexican, you're supposed to hate Puerto Ricans.

If you're mainland Italian, you're supposed to hate Sicilians.

If you're Polish you're supposed to hate Lithuanians.

If there are aliens there (other than the ones from Mexico and Poland), I'm sure the Vulcans hate the Romulans.

It's just one big razor fight over a dung heap with an incompetent, inarticulate, borderline retarded gangster sitting on top.

Good thing everythings ok, nobody got hurt. Im not sure what you could have done if you were carrying, but duck and do the exact same thing you did....EVACUATE TO SAFETY.

As for Daley and his goons, I here about people rising up on a daily basis to "take back" their country. Some of these people should rise up and "take back" NY, IL, and CA. Im not sure why our rights have to be debated with the U.S. Supreme Court anyways.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Because they LIKE it.

Chicago is all about divide and conquer. If you think the guy at the top is going to harm somebody different from you, you'll let him steal your last penny.

Chicago makes breakup era Yugoslavia look like a dope smoking, hippie love-in.

If you're White, you're supposed to hate Blacks.

If you're Black, you're supposed to hate Jews.

If you're Mexican, you're supposed to hate Puerto Ricans.

If you're mainland Italian, you're supposed to hate Sicilians.

If you're Polish you're supposed to hate Lithuanians.

If there are aliens there (other than the ones from Mexico and Poland), I'm sure the Vulcans hate the Romulans.

It's just one big razor fight over a dung heap with an incompetent, inarticulate, borderline retarded gangster sitting on top.
    so... what do you really think?

To the OP, glad you are OK! And thank you for your service... it is sad to survive a warzone only to wind up in a fire fight in Chicago
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I feel your pain...my parents live about 60 miles west of Chicago...and in 16 years, I've been back 3 times...and HATED driving through Chicago unarmed (with guns locked in the back, unloaded). I always got gas about 30 miles east of Gary and drove straight through...never stopping. My wife hated it, as when the kids said they had to "go", I told them to hold it until we got to my parent's house. I hate Chicago and the Daley machine with a passion.

To me, the difference between North Korea and Chicago is geography...you have a cult personality affecting an entire state (NK & IL). I've said it before, and I will say it again. Everything north of I-80 and east of I-39 needs to separate and be a "state of Chicago" and leave everyone else alone...especially Southern Illinois. When I went to college at SIU, we hated idiots from Chicago who move 6 hours into the heartland and complain how Carbondale was not like Chicago....to which I replied "Then go back...you're not being forced to stay"....<insert dirty look here>

I hate that cesspool....and those that "govern" there...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    "Guns is not the answer"
    I am just quoting Daley - really, I am not making this stuff up. The guy is an inarticulate boob.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm an optimist, maybe someday they will wake up and vote in some 2A loving politicians!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I thought the South side of Chicago was the baddest part of town...
    The South side is actually a larger area than the North side. North to south, the dividing line is Wacker Drive. The west side is not as well defied but there are some very ruthless gangs on the West side, There are literally streets that are dividing lines between gangs and streets you don't cross. Parts of the West side have always been bad. Here is a link to some maps.

" + theTitle + "
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links