Arkansas Restaurants - 60%

This is a discussion on Arkansas Restaurants - 60% within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be visiting Arkansas in the next few days. As I read the laws, carry is permitted in restaurants so long as they make ...

Thread: Arkansas Restaurants - 60%

VIP Member

I will be visiting Arkansas in the next few days. As I read the laws, carry is permitted in restaurants so long as they make 60% of their gross sales from non-alcoholic products. How the heck is the average patron to determine - before walking in the restaurant - what percentage of the sales are from non-alcoholic products? I appreciate any guidance from the Arkansas folks.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm guessing that a restaurant such as Applebees and Olive Garden would be in that 60% range....whereas Bob's Bar and Grill or similar would not.

I would look for a sign on or near the door. There has to be something to give the customer a clue as to the status of the restaurant Unless you open carry and drink I don't see a problem

VIP Member
    MRJAM2JAB & TOM G - I agree. For kicks I just went to Applebee's latest published corporate financial info and there was not breakdown for alcohol - non-alcohol. I can't believe (well, yes I can) that the legislature would make a law that the public cannot know if they are in compliance. I agree that there should be a sign - I will see.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I don't believe that I've ever been to a restaurant that has any such sign. At least, not in the greater Little Rock area or in Hot Springs. Doesn't mean they don't just that I've never noticed it if such exists.

A good rule of thumb is if it looks more like a bar than a restaurant, it's likely one where the percentage rate is over 60%. Most chain restaurants are safe, as are most full-on restaurants. If you know specifically where you're going and it's in the LR Area, I might could give you more direct info.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

VIP Member
    Griff is right as long as it has a seperate bar and the majority of the place is restaurant orientated you should be ok. I have never seen a sign either that breaks it up by percentages.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Links