Tennessee CCW laws

Tennessee CCW laws

This is a discussion on Tennessee CCW laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, i am a correctional officer from tennessee and have just gotten my CHL and was wondering where to find CCW laws for my state.i ...

Tennessee CCW laws

Hi, i am a correctional officer from tennessee and have just gotten my CHL and was wondering where to find CCW laws for my state.i am not sure exactly where you can and cant carry or when deadly force can be used since i didn't have to take a class for the permit and they didnt offer any kind of training im not realy sure about some things.the permit i have was issued through the dept.of corrections.anyone that has at least 5 years as an officer can apply and they just send you the permit.but from what ive heard the same laws apply as a regular state CHL so if anyone is from TN or could point me in the wright direction i would be gratefull.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Welcome!

Try Packing.org
    and

Handgunlaws.com (not sure about that one, look on the link page if it doesn't work.

Here is my $.02, spend a few bucks and take the CHL class. It may take a day, and be a bit boring (everyone says Ky's is boring, but I enjoyed it) but it will likely be a lot more informative than a few paragraphs of legalese. Besides the instructor might just have a few words of wisdom from personal experience to give you.

Bryan

You can go to Packing.org and look at the state info for TN. That site is a good place to get information. The rule of thumb is that you can not carry in a place that serves alcohol for consumption on location, schools and places of worship. There are numerous places that have posted signs that do not allow carry there. If you follow these rules you will be ok. I got my carry permit with the first wave of permits in TN. My kimber is an Elipse Pro II four inch barrel in which I use Wilson Combat mags.
    Last edited by Old Chief; June 13th, 2006 at 08:16 AM.

Close Bud:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Also off limits are sporting events/venues (that aren't specifically firearms related), courthouses (though your C.O. status might negate that prohibition). Try http://legallyarmed.com for other resources.
    Jack

Links