Concealed carry: Upsizing clothes.

This is a discussion on Concealed carry: Upsizing clothes. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear XL shirts and 36" waist pants. One size above my regular clothes to conceal. How much do you upsize your clothes?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry: Upsizing clothes.

I wear XL shirts and 36" waist pants. One size above my regular clothes to conceal. How much do you upsize your clothes?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Thankfully for me, I don't have to actually go out and upsize my wordrobe - at least, not by much. I dropped 4 1/2" since February, so a lot of my shirts and pants how fit me more than loosely enough for the task.

I've been going at least one size up, regardless. I've never been a fan of having my clothes fit even remotely tight, so this is sort of my standard style of wardrobe, anyhow. So, I might normally wear an LG in shirts/t-shirts, but size up to a 2X for CC - I'd prolly just go w/an XL if I weren't now CCing. I was already wearing 2X, so the majority of my existing wardrobe is perfect.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I wear XL shirts and 36" waist pants. One size above my regular clothes to conceal. How much do you upsize your clothes?
    go buy a crossbreed and a good belt , works just fine with my regular clothes

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan23 View Post
    go buy a crossbreed and a good belt , works just fine with my regular clothes
    Agreed. I'm a small skinny guy and I carry in a kholster wearing my tight fitting clothes

About 2" up for IWB. The key for me is wearing tall shirts- the tails help. Today at church, park and Wal-Mart I was wearing the loud Hawaiian shirt with an OWB holster for my MP40c. No issues.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

For casual dress - specifically, untucked shirts - I moved from XL to XXL for concealment purposes. FWIW, I wear a 44 or 46 jacket. Pants waist remains at 36, with varying degrees of comfort with IWB holsters.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Get a good holster and belt and you probably won't have to buy a whole new wardrobe. Either that or buy a more concealable gun.

I have a few quality holsters and several good belts.

It depends on how I carry. OWB is never an issue, but IWB was a little uncomfortable (tight). I moved up one size in my britches and it made a diffrence. Again, strictly with IWB carrying.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by michel smith View Post
    There was a mid-west city (small town) that was on a news show like 20-20 a while back where the town passed a law that everyone had to own a gun. The crime rate dropped drastically.
    Is this Gun Ownership - It's The Law In Kennesaw what you're talking about? It's almost 30 years old, in Georgia, the guns were for in the home use only, and kinda off topic.

So what was your point?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I Hear everyone, I can fit in 34" But Get 35" When I can, But mostly 36"I just cant pay double for jeans. Almost always Untucked shirt , Drives wife CRAZY but not sloppy looking ; ) PS I CC IWB ALWAYS in public, That is.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

my pants were always a size or so larger, because I wear a belt normally. not that I carry the only thing I do is go one notch higher on my belt
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I didn't change my shirt sizes, but did move up one pants size for IWB carry. Works fine for me, very comfortable even with the relatively wide G19.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I wear XL shirts and 36" pants for the same reason, but for a while the tendency was just for me to expand to fill them, so I'm not sure if that was a good decision or not.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Recently I lost somewhat over 100 pounds so the size of my clothes is in a sort of a "flux". In order to get it right I wear my concealed carry rig into the private fitting room and try on my trousers/shirts to see exactly how they do fit. I also find that printed sizes on clothes are not always accurate so getting the exact fit makes a whole lot of sense for me.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

For you guys having trouble with t-shirts concealing try small of back carry, even the tightest t-shirts I own can hide my XD SC because it disappears into the curve of my spine. Pants I usually just go up a notch in my belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links