Things like this make me glad I decided to CC... you just never know.

This is a discussion on Things like this make me glad I decided to CC... you just never know. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Terrible event... some folks are just nuts and you never know when your paths might cross... Things like this confirm my decision to conceal carry. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things like this make me glad I decided to CC... you just never know.

Terrible event... some folks are just nuts and you never know when your paths might cross...
    Things like this confirm my decision to conceal carry.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/07/police-gunman-kills-miami-area-restaurant-wounds-killing/?test=latestnews

Yet another lesson for those looniest of liberal ladies, who psychobabble like herds of cattle, empathizing and sympathizing and understanding everyone...except for those CCW and Tea Party people who legally carry and have fun with guns.

ntg
    376..welcome to DC.

He's missing a few marbles, I'd say.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

My Dad lives in South Florida and I recently gave him an M&P9c as a gift because he wanted to upgrade to a semi-auto. He tells me how people are just plain nuts down there and will shoot you for almost anything. Flash your lights, accidentally cut in front of someone, take a parking spot . . . doesn't matter. If you do it to the wrong person, you'll get shot. The last time I was down there, it seems that some gestures were exchanged between two motorists on the Turnpike and one car open fired on the other killing the driver and passenger. I had travelled that road on the way down maybe an hour before it happened.

I avoid going down there as much as possible.

Exactly. I think most of us here live by that. I know that's why I'm glad to pay for a right given in order to do so until we make a change. The day we don't carry for some reason might be the day we never knew could happen. Statistics can be tampered with, they can be taken as is, or questioned as to their validity. Thing is knowing you never want to be part of them....that's the decision you make, and you do something to place yourself apart from those whom follow the statistics. Always carry, stay alive, and maybe....just maybe you'll save someone else from evil down the road as well. There's power in numbers. The more of us there are, the less of them there will be by one reason or another. Sooner or later they won't be able to hide any longer. The sheep are in purgatory to my thinking, or waiting in line for their number. So let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    My Dad lives in South Florida and I recently gave him an M&P9c as a gift because he wanted to upgrade to a semi-auto. He tells me how people are just plain nuts down there and will shoot you for almost anything. Flash your lights, accidentally cut in front of someone, take a parking spot . . . doesn't matter. If you do it to the wrong person, you'll get shot. The last time I was down there, it seems that some gestures were exchanged between two motorists on the Turnpike and one car open fired on the other killing the driver and passenger. I had travelled that road on the way down maybe an hour before it happened.

I avoid going down there as much as possible.
    Florida = large, muggy, open-air prison.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    And the water tastes funny!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Yes, horrible event. One more reason I don't want to live in a Big City and chose the small community just outside of Little Rock in which I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    And the water tastes funny!
    But is it crunchy water, like you get in Southern New Mexico thanks to the caliche?

And if you think that's bad, don't drink the Koolaid!

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote from the story: "According to police, Regalado shot and killed Molina, 24, then entered the restaurant and fired on six women inside.

One employee called her brother after the shooting, saying she had been shot and was bleeding.

Felix Fuentes said his sister, Ivet Coronado, told him to "please call 911." He said the 36-year-old woman was recovering Monday from surgery for gunshot wounds to her chest and one of her arms."

I am not making light of the situation, but "REALLY"? Why do people call others and have them call 911? Was her brother's number shorter than 3 integers? This drives me crazy. I hope I teach my children better.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    Quote from the story: "According to police, Regalado shot and killed Molina, 24, then entered the restaurant and fired on six women inside.

One employee called her brother after the shooting, saying she had been shot and was bleeding.

Felix Fuentes said his sister, Ivet Coronado, told him to "please call 911." He said the 36-year-old woman was recovering Monday from surgery for gunshot wounds to her chest and one of her arms."

I am not making light of the situation, but "REALLY"? Why do people call others and have them call 911? Was her brother's number shorter than 3 integers? This drives me crazy. I hope I teach my children better.
    Unfortunately, in an emergency a lot of people go by instinct not logic. In Ft. Smith,AR we had a young lady "Late teens" shoved in a car trunk and abducted not that long ago. She had her cell phone, did she call the police?, 911?, the Operator?, No, she called her mother, she was scared, not thinking straight, babbling on the phone. The abducter got to the other side of town, into a fairly deserted area, removed her from the trunk and sexually assaulted her.
    People don't think well in an emergency, our local 911 has GPS locator, and could "and knowing the responding officers personally, Would have if at all possible" most likely have been there before the assault began.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Just plain BAD.

I saw it posted before.......Anytime, Anywhere.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

When I had a rollerblading accident years ago, I was on the ground, broken bones, couldn't get up, bleeding internally...what did I do? I called my now fiancee...

The Adrenaline was pumping so much I didn't even feel any pain or know how badly I was injured.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    If this is a prison, I want a life sentence:

Now would I ever, ever go to Miami? Not unless I was allowed to OC a bazooka and drive a tank.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Florida has some nice beaches, but the VAST majority of the state doesn't look like that. Even the beaches. Crazy crime is just not a Miami thing, either. Ask a Floridian.

I have been there dozens of times, sometimes for long stretches. Initially, we thought of retiring there. I recently turned down a good job there, and opted to keep our roots in NC for the time being.

Panama is looking good these days. Check out the tax-free status they offer retirees from the US!

People are just plain nuts. No other way to put it. Sad thing is most people walk around in a cloud all day long and have no idea how many crazy people are around them, in their neighborhood, and in their town/city.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links