South Carolina Non Resident CCW

This is a discussion on South Carolina Non Resident CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For all those who have been waiting, the Governor signed into law South Carolina's first non resident CCW. The only snag is that one must ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar

For all those who have been waiting, the Governor signed into law South Carolina's first non resident CCW. The only snag is that one must own property in SC to obtain said CCW.

http://www.scstatehouse.net/sess116_...bills/1261.htm

Not a big deal, there's ways around this requirement (EG).

Additionally, SC's first stand your ground law was signed into law on Friday as well.

Good job South Carolina!
    Last edited by Steelhorse; June 13th, 2006 at 03:48 PM. Reason: insert web link

Woo Hoo, if they get rid of the Real Property clause (or someone smarter than I could show me how to get around it), the permit would be FREE to ME

payment of a fifty-dollar application fee. This fee must be waived for disabled veterans and retired law enforcement officers; and
    Wayne

*I think that all states should have this clause in their permit laws (you know, the I've got mine, the heck with yours attitude)

Closed Account Array Steelhorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Woo Hoo, if they get rid of the Real Property clause (or someone smarter than I could show me how to get around it), the permit would be FREE to ME

Easy enough to own property in order to satisfy the requirement: Someone buy or currently owns a plot of land and sell shares of land ownership.

That, or a group of people buy a time share in SC......Times shares can be deeded.
    Last edited by Steelhorse; June 13th, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

That's a step in the right direction. Now if they'd just honor GA resident's permits.........

Guess I need to find some property in SC now

Talking CCW Law - SC

Hello Steel Horse:

I appreciate the info, as I just closed a deal on a land purchase and now having a home built in Beaufort county. I have been wondering on how to ascertain a CCW in South Carolina, as I will re-locate there in June of 2007. I currently reside in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts....

Thank you,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse View Post
    For all those who have been waiting, the Governor signed into law South Carolina's first non resident CCW. The only snag is that one must own property in SC to obtain said CCW.

Additionally, SC's first stand your ground law was signed into law on Friday as well.

Good job South Carolina!

Stand your Ground

Steel horse thanks for the info!

Do you have a link that reviews the new "stand your ground" legislation for SC? Thanks!

I envy you.

I grew up in MA, lived in NC and SC for 6 years before coming back to MA.

Wife and I really loved it there! We plan on eventually settling down for good somewhere in the Carolina's. Living in MA is the pitts.

Now I need to find out how to get some land in SC so I can get a CCW permit for when we visit friends there (covered in NC with my NH permit). Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhorse View Post

Good job South Carolina!

It drives me nuts that SC is the only state in the south that i can't carry in. What sucks is that i travel in the state regularly for work. How is there away around it? I don't see a non-resident permit i can get that is honored in SC.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

You know I was just researching this yesterday, heh...I drive down to FL a lot so I frequent NC, SC, and GA as well...Since I'm covered in NC w/ my CCW in VA. I'll have my CCW for NH soon which covers me in GA, this left SC. I either buy property there or go to TX get an ID and take a safety class. If I ever vacation in TX maybe I'll do just that...SC is slowly going in the right direction though. So I'll just wait unless someone has any suggestions.

I own several Time Share properties in Hilton Head. I called BCSO and they told me that that was a new question to them. I have legal property deeds to a specific address in Hilton Head even though it is not a permanent residence, and am CCW permitted in KY & FL. They told me that it appeared that time share was sufficient but that it was up to State authorities. Any other comments on this?

MangoJoe,

Heck, I would try it out to see what happens. Worse case is they say no and give you back your money.

VIP Member
    Mango, sounds like you may be the test case.

I spend a lot of time in SC, so I would love to be able to "get legal" to carry in their state. I also happen to have a friend that owns 15 acres in Aiken County. It is undeveloped and mostly brush, he is thinking about making it a hunting lease. Looks like I need to talk him into selling me a small piece of it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

hmmm, I wonder if you can get 22 people put on a deed...if so then only $100 per person!

Land

Buy a time share on Hilton Head and you should qualify...

Thank you,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by vorlons View Post
    I grew up in MA, lived in NC and SC for 6 years before coming back to MA.

Wife and I really loved it there! We plan on eventually settling down for good somewhere in the Carolina's. Living in MA is the pitts.

Now I need to find out how to get some land in SC so I can get a CCW permit for when we visit friends there (covered in NC with my NH permit). Best of luck.
    At the end of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Franklin was asked "Well, Doctor, what have we got -- a Republic or a Monarchy." According to Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, he replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

- Benjamin Franklin

Hello SC...From FL...

I live in Florida and know very little about SC. How close is SC to recognizing FL...what is the problem, exactly? Does anyone know?
    I have camped in SC in years past. Now that I carry 24/7, I have kind of stayed away from SC...it's a matter of principle for me.
    Any info woudl be appreciated...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links