LEO encounter/motor accident

This is a discussion on LEO encounter/motor accident within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If it's not damaged, filing a complaint under false pretenses is not a very good idea if you ask me...or do you mean you're going ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LEO encounter/motor accident

JD
    Administrator
    If it's not damaged, filing a complaint under false pretenses is not a very good idea if you ask me...or do you mean you're going to file a complaint as you're miffed that he took your gun apart?

2. Remove Ads

Officer Dufus went way over the top. It must have been his first stop on his new job...
    OMO

I'd file a complaint...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well if he's going to field strip it he might as well wipe it down as well and put some oil on it
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Did I miss the point of why you called and said "I HAVE A GUN and I hit a car"?

Obviously, they didn't like what you said the first time because they called you back to check if they should send the SWAT team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoUSFbulls View Post
    Did I miss the point of why you called and said "I HAVE A GUN and I hit a car"?

Obviously, they didn't like what you said the first time because they called you back to check if they should send the SWAT team.
    Yah agree. Lucky swat didnt arrive. Anyone who announces to a dispatcher they hit a car and have a gun might have nut loose. LOL

Who knows what the dispatcher is thinking when you tell him/her that??????????

A nut with a gun???

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I've heard of it happening a few times in various firearms forums. It seems quite rare though, and usually tied to attitude problems on the part of the LEO who does it. I'd bet that if you could look into the personnel folders of the LEOs who do it, there'd be complaints about other behaviors as well. It's not something you'd do unless you were trying to "prove" something to the owner of the firearm.

I'm wondering what he'd have done if the firearm had been a revolver, especially a Colt. I certainly wouldn't eat an expensive repair to a non-replaceable firearm because of somebody else's misbehavior.
    I DEF believe the LEO had a slight attitude problem. I'd enjoy watching him (the LEO) fiddle with taking one of my P7 squeeze cocker guns apart. I'd also like to see him take one of my Pythons apart and hand it back to me.
    I hope i never run into such an incident, because I'd demand he assemble it in front of his/her Supervisor. Of course I'd be civil about it, and not attempt to make a scene.
    Hope the OP doesn't get into that kind of situation again.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    What's the LEGAL definition of a "scumbag"?

I'll bet that even Louisiana, under Le Code Napoleon, doesn't LEGALLY define a "scumbag".
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I think much of this is a matter of definition.
    As you can see my quote above, I made no mention of "LEGAL" definitions, (you added that part) so I don't have a LEGAL answer to your question. I do have a STREET answer to it though:

Scumbag- The only G-Rated word that I know to reference someone who would consider harming me or one of my family members.

Back to topic......if a leo takes the slide off just "because he can" I'd say that's over the top. However if he has a legitimate concern for his own safety because his gut is telling something about a scumbag he's got stopped on the road in the middle of nowhere. I'd say go for it.........remove the slide/buy yourself some time when you leave.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Lesson learned... don't inform of your weapon unless you have to.
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    As you can see my quote above, I made no mention of "LEGAL" definitions, (you added that part) so I don't have a LEGAL answer to your question. I do have a STREET answer to it though:

Scumbag- The only G-Rated word that I know to reference someone who would consider harming me or one of my family members.
    As I said, if there's no LEGAL definition, it's whatever the LEO says it is. If you're going to treat citizens differently, based on whether they're a "scumbag", there'd BETTER be some legal basis to it Otherwise, that LEO is leaving himself open to allegations, and probably JUSTIFIABLE ones, of bias. If too many of those "scumbags" turn out to be of an identifiable group, say bearded Sikhs in turbans, he's going to have some explaining to do, probably in Federal court. People keep track of those kinds of things.

Administrator
    Get it back on topic please.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I read the bayou shooter thread and if any of you don't understand why a lot of people on this forum don't trust cops you have no further to look than Nolacopusmc.

On page 3 he explicitly states that he has seen CHP holders get Po'd over getting aticket and unload on the cop. On page 4 when he's called on it he states that the poster is probably right and it's probably never happened. Which is it? You saw it or it never happened?

Then he says he has to run every gun for stolen. Then he says he doesn't have to but his department preffers it.

At one point he tells the other posters not to be such sticklers about their rights and "do the right thing" Whis is ,presumably, to piss your rights away so that he feels safe.

Again, unless I am absolutely required by law to do so Hell will freeze solid before I inform

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Get it back on topic please.
    x2

"Just blame Sixto"

The only "on topic" thing I can add to this is what I already said

Don't inform (unless legally required) and we have nothing to discuss.

Never unlock your car for the cops without a warrant.
    Anthony

Current EDC: Glock 23

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The only "on topic" thing I can add to this is what I already said

Don't inform (unless legally required) and we have nothing to discuss.
    The purpose of a forum is discussion. Keep an open mind in that direction. Those who choose to inform, whether required or not, will. Those who choose not to, won't.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links