Defensive Carry banner

Im no longer a N.Y.S. resident. Is My N.Y.S. permit still valid?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Weeg 
#1 ·
In the end of June Im flying back home, for a week. I want to bring my 1911(, maybe my Kel Tec sub-rifle also).
for my Grandfather, and myself to shoot. I know he will get a kick out of shooting the same firearm he shot when he was in the Navy.
I just dont know if Im still legal in N.Y.S.?

#4 ·
gregarat,

if you are no longer a NY state resident, you might want to check with your county office (the one that issued your NY state permit). I believe that you are required to surrender your permit once you are no longer a resident. I believe you can mail it to them (I was able to mail mine once I left NY state), but you had better check with them.

Also, it might be a good idea to make copies of your license and get some kind of receipt when you surrender it.

Enjoy your new home!

cynergy

#6 · (Edited)
Hu? Surrender.... what does that word mean?:confused:

If N.Y. wants it back they can ask. I dont feel confortable with surrender my permit volentarely. Why dont I just give the socalist jerks all of my guns that I was forced to register as well:rolleyes: ? If N.Y. wants to negotiate, they can start by refunding me the $ I spent on the permit.

Cynergy,
I am by no means trying to offend you, but the idea of surrendering my rights is offencive to me. If someone can find proof that I have to give them my permit, I would do so. Then Hillery can use it as toilet paper! Untill then N.Y.S can kiss my butt!

#7 ·
I dug out my dusty N.Y. permit. There is no red letters, but it does say.

"This license is issued under the folowing conditions:

1. It is revokable at any time.

2. If issued outside New York City, not valid to carry a weapon in New York City unless approved by the police commissioner of that city"

Im sure if you offer, they would snach it back with a smile on their face. But like Weeg and myself said. If they are not going to revoke it, I find no reason yet to give it to them. Im afraid that if I simply asked a state/county clerk they would lye, or assume. I want offical documentation.

Abit off the subject: I did notice that my photo is just stapeled on, it has my weapons searial #'s on the list of hand guns, and it looks as though a idiot could alter the typewriten personal info. This permit is a thieves wet dream!

They expect you to carry this on your person, while in posesion of your handgun! That scares the snot out of me. It should scare the snot of any N.Y.S handgun owning resident as well. New Yorkers, keep this poorly made document safe! To Albany, shame on you!

Yes sir,
I am glad not to live there any more!

#8 ·
As another FORMER NYer , here's my 2 cents.

Since you are no longer a NY resident , there is no Legal
way NY can make you surrender a piece of paper.

However , if they ever become aware that you are no longer a
NY resident , they WILL Revoke your permit.

Also , since you are not legally a NY resident , DO NOT bring
a handgun into that state!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.