An interesting story about the Division of Licensing regional offices...

This is a discussion on An interesting story about the Division of Licensing regional offices... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now, I should preface this by saying I work as a sales associate for a major cell phone company. The following is what happened when ...

Thread: An interesting story about the Division of Licensing regional offices...

An interesting story about the Division of Licensing regional offices...

Now, I should preface this by saying I work as a sales associate for a major cell phone company. The following is what happened when I made an appointment to apply for my CWFL in Florida.

I live in Lakeland, so I called the Tampa regional office first. When I asked to make an appointment, he told me that they were backed up almost a month. Now, I'm not a very patient person, so I immediately asked for the contact number for the Orlando regional office. I was sent to someone's voicemail, so I left a message and left my cell phone number, the same cell phone number I give to all my customers. So when a number I didn't know called me back 15 minutes later, I answered "This is Sean with Sprint." The girl on the other line said that she was calling from the Division of Licensing, and that she was very upset with Sprint. Laughing, I told her I'd get to that in a minute, and asked to make an appointment, preferably not one a month away. She laughed and told me they were backed up almost 2 months.

I said "Well, I suppose you've already got me on the phone. Why are you mad at Sprint?". Sparing you the details, it turns out she was going over every month, and she was on an ancient calling plan. I got her bill credited for the previous month, and put her and her family on a new plan that saved them roughly $40 monthly.

She was EXTREMELY thankful, so I figured I'd ask: "Hey, since I helped you out so much, do you think you could help me a little? My only day off during the week for probably the next month is coming in 4 days. Any way you could pencil me in? I don't care what time". She told me "No problem, hun. Be here at 9am." and took down my information.

Moral of the story: Be nice to those girls at the Division of Licensing offices. You might get in a little faster than you thought
    In Glock we trust.

A Kimber is what you show your friends, but a Glock is what you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Kewel story.

I try to be professional and friendly to all whom I talk to, whether I'm the customer or they are. I've gotten more little "extra's like in your story doing that than I have not done so. While it's in my personality to be that way, I've some days not been in a terribly good mood, but make the extra effort to be friendly anyhow. You never know when that person you help out today might have something they can help you with tomorrow and remember your kindmess!
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Another shining example of gov't corruption.
    Thanks. She canceled my appointment to squeeze you in!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    I try to be professional and friendly to all whom I talk to, whether I'm the customer or they are. I've gotten more little "extra's like in your story doing that than I have not done so. While it's in my personality to be that way, I've some days not been in a terribly good mood, but make the extra effort to be friendly anyhow. You never know when that person you help out today might have something they can help you with tomorrow and remember your kindmess!
    I'm not one to do +1 but I have to for this one. Since I'm retired I appreciate those who go to work everyday no matter what they do - as long as they treat me nice.

I try to notice personal things like beautiful eyes, hair, voice, etc and compliment them. Last night it was the waiter's name "Nick". After he introduced himself and left I tested my wife's recall by asking what his name is. She remembered. As we were finishing up and Nick was loading left overs in boxes, my wife asked me. Naturally I couldn't remember by that time, so she told me and teased me, then explained to Nick what that was about. He seemed to get a kick out of it.

I even tell the few telemarketers we get that I appreciate their working for a living and understand that it is a tough job, then tell them kindly that unfortunately I have a policy of never buying over the telephone. I sincerely wish them success in what ever they do and say goodnight.

My dad who passed away a few weeks ago, used to hand everybody an ink pin with his name on it, even if he did the same each week. He said everybody needs a pen now and then and they'll remember him for it. He was right as pen stories came up everywhere before, during and after the services. I choose to give a smile and compliment, even if I gave one last week.

Links