Defensive Carry banner

Naive Sheep

6K views 91 replies 43 participants last post by  AlexHassin 
#1 · (Edited)
Think this is the right spot if not, mods please move.

I know there are a million sheep threads on here but I just had an aggravating conversation while out to dinner tonight and I need to vent.
My wife's aunt and uncle are in town and took us to dinner tonight. They are pretty liberal so I didn't mention anything gun related (I was carrying), but they actually started the subject. They were working security at some church function a while back and were amazed that people were trying to bring guns. I asked them if the people had CHPs and they said that they all did, so I asked them what the problem is. They said that they don't know who the bad ones are so they don't want anyone but security carrying.
My response was "well the bad guys aren't just going to let you find their gun, and they are also not going to show you their permit to carry it." They looked at me like I was an idiot. They said that no matter what they would find it :sheep:. Then they go on to talk about how prepared their security is. So I mention the Fort Hood shooting; I know its still a tender subject, I actually lost a close friend there; but I brought it up because it doesn't matter how "prepared" you are it can happen anytime anywhere, this happened on a U.S. military installation.
They actually responded with, "Well they weren't expecting it, our security knows when to expect it."...!!!! Their church security must get that infamous criminal schedule because the military sure doesn't.
This is where the conversation ended for me because there was obviously no getting through to them. :mad: I did find it kind of ironic that I was carrying the whole time and they had no idea.
Thanks for letting me rant, I had to vent somewhere and my wife gets mad when I talk about her family lol.

See less See more
#43 ·
...They said that no matter what they would find it ...
Are they actually wanding (metal detectors) people going into church now-a-days?

Explain to your sheep that the Lord (the Good Shepherd) told the 12in Luke 22:36--- "He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.."

The actual Greek of the time of writing would translate to short sword... the equivalent of todays handgun (compaerd to a long gun).

I'd love to hear their response to that?

#44 ·
I would have been real tempted to scratch my head with my spare magazine.....

I would have resisted, but I would have been REAL tempted!!!!!!!!!

I carry everywhere legal. The Wife and I were in the Bank the Friday and she brushed my side and gave me this funny look. Like, "Oh No you don't have your gun with you do you???"
I smiled at her. She, after all, had a large amount of cash with her for a deposit. She does not see the need, but I do.

I was in Church this morning packing!

It's better they don't know you carry when they are around.
Remember the Lady Dr. at Luby's in Kilgore who left her gun in her car during Dinner just that one time.
She had no idea that little action would end up costing her her parents.

We are the Sheep Dogs.
We are unappreciated until the Wolves come to devour the Sheep.

Think of it as your Superman Disguise. No one can know, unless there is a need for a phone booth.

#48 ·
Mable "Madea" Simmons: [imitating what bible says] Hold your peace, and let the Lord fight your battles. Hold your peace, and let the Lord fight your battles.
[lifts up gun]
Mable "Madea" Simmons: Hold your "piece" and let the Lord fight your battles. [From the play:] Blessed are the piece makers Smith and Wesson

#52 ·
My wife's aunt and uncle are in town and took us to dinner tonight. They are pretty liberal so I didn't mention anything gun related (I was carrying), but they actually started the subject. They were working security at some church function a while back and were amazed that people were trying to bring guns. I asked them if the people had CHPs and they said that they all did, so I asked them what the problem is. They said that they don't know who the bad ones are so they don't want anyone but security carrying.
i have to repeat a previously asked question because i may have missed the answer somewhere...how did they know people were armed?...

were they asking?...

were they using metal detectors?...

how?...

#58 ·
You could have disproved them by blowing your own head off out of frustration right there at the table. I know I would have:dead:

Seriously though, it's hard to have conversations with people who know better. Good job and try to keep it to difference subjects, even though you want to hammer them with reality and get into a big debate. The liberals normally walk off defeated but bitter and it's not worth the drama it would cause within the family.

#59 ·
Ok... I am going to counter from the other side of this argument... for arguments sake of course:image035:

Maybe.. just maybe their security team is well prepared. I say that coming from a church that I feel is very prepared.

A little background on my church...

Average weekend attendance is usually 9,000 to 12,000.

With that many people on one campus (we have several campuses) security is an extremely high priority. At any service we will have over 1000 children in their own church service.

I know from being a volunteer that there are at least 50 security volunteers and 20+ uniformed officers located throughout the campus on any sunday. Some of the Volunteers are off-duty LEO's and are carrying. They are highly organized and alway connected via radio to the central security office. And yes they all have earbuds.
I feel that my family and very well protected on Sundays.

I notice at least one security team member about every 20 to 30 feet on campus and they are not easy to notice. Of course the entire campus is covered by security cameras that are constantly monitored.
There is also a medical team of doctors and nurses all of whom are available for any emergencies.

I feel like they do everything they possibly do to prevent a bad event from happing at my church. I feel very confident that should a badguy bring a weapon to the church with bad intentions.. they would not make it very far... if they even made it to the door.

My 2 cents...

#73 ·
Again, I invite you to google "New Life Church Shooting" For that matter, just google "Church Shooting" and see what you get.

That said no church security team is going to go through my wife's purse.

#75 ·
It’s a course joke with a point behind it, crude yes, that shows that perhaps a threes another angle to remember and consider about that church and its security. Also why miss another opportunity to make fun of a hypocrite like that man.
its originally about Muslim hypocrites I think its gets the point across of the type of person I am talking about.
YouTube - Comedian Ahmed Ahmed about Dubai

#88 ·
The difference between you and I is I've actually met Ted Haggard. Yes he has issues and he came very clean about that and is trying to move forward. I seem to remember reading something about "Who ever among you is with out sin casting the first stone" ...

#90 ·
"Well they weren't expecting it, our security knows when to expect it."...!!!! Their church security must get that infamous criminal schedule because the military sure doesn't.
This is where the conversation ended for me because there was obviously no getting through to them. :mad:
I've had several conversations that ended like this. Kinda frustrating, but hey, at least it's not their call on whether you can carry!

Most of the time at this point in the conversation, I just laugh loudly, then change the subject or wait for them to ask why I laughed (they always do, lol).

Stay Armed, Stay Safe :comeandgetsome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.