Naive Sheep - Page 3

Naive Sheep

This is a discussion on Naive Sheep within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sorry also, but Church Security, how good can they be honestly here. I'm glad you kept your cool, it wouldn't have helped to lose ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92

Thread: Naive Sheep

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Posts
    1,618
    I'm sorry also, but Church Security, how good can they be honestly here. I'm glad you kept your cool, it wouldn't have helped to lose it, but "Church Security", I'm just don't see it. I say talk to Pastor and see what he says.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"


  2. #32
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,529
    The fact that they feel they need to have "armed security" tells me that no place to go.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  3. #33
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The fact that they feel they need to have "armed security" tells me that no place to go.
    The two largest and most upscale churches in Co Springs have armed security. One of them is New Life Church, Name ring a bell?

  4. #34
    3D
    3D is offline
    Senior Member Array 3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    517
    my .02 opinions:

    You did a good job of keeping your cool (and probably your wife too).

    Reverie and denial are what occupies their minds rather than situational awareness and contingency planning.

    In my experience "They", and most are apparently unwilling or unable to openly and honestly think about and discuss possible consequences that are different than the way they see things.

    I agree with you, no point in a debate with them.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

  5. #35
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,085
    You did well OP. As others have stated, you did the right thing in that discussion. You made your point, they refused to accept your point of view, and so you dropped it. There was nowhere to go but down from there, especially concerning in-laws...

  6. #36
    Member Array MtflyerHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle Area, WA
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    Says the man who improperly uses the word 'ironic.'

    I just call people like that misinformed. Attack a person by calling them ignorant and they try to prove you wrong. Attack a person by calling them stupid and they attack you right back; but attack the source of their knowledge by calling them misinformed and you have now created an opening and openness to adequately portray your concerns and viewpoints for a constructive debate, NOT an argument.
    For what its worth, I never meant to label anyone stupid, more of a cliche phrase about "stupid" reasoning.. some though you just can't win over.. plenty of them in my family too!

    sage advice though about how to reason with people by sleipnir. people don't react well to being attacked, but when openly and non-confrontationally discussed you can make much more headway!

  7. #37
    Senior Member Array Keltyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    785
    I'm continually amazed at the people who think:

    1. Their "security" is infallible
    and
    2. The BGs will obey the law.

  8. #38
    Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,712
    One of the sad things here is that often it takes a scary, life-threatening event to wake some folks from their delusions about the fact that there are truly evil people in the world. If they have one of those encounters, I hope they survive it.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array AlexHassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The two largest and most upscale churches in Co Springs have armed security. One of them is New Life Church, Name ring a bell?
    Probably there originally to protect the Meth stocks, and intimidate the escorts and attendents.
    Last edited by AlexHassin; June 13th, 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: clarity

  10. #40
    Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,712
    New Life church in the Springs was the church where a gunman walked into the church shooting people at random, until he was shot by one of the security guards. This was AFTER the same man had targeted a home belonging to a Christian mission organization, where, if memory serves correctly, he murdered two young folks.........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

  11. #41
    Senior Member Array Keltyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    If they have one of those encounters, I hope they survive it.
    Funny thing...but if they DO survive it, it will probably be due to one of us evil gun-toters.

  12. #42
    Member Array Zach and Holly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    479
    Heh, gun conversations get frustrating quick when the opposing folks can't, or won't listen to reason. What we interpret to be reason anyway. Best to just end it there.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

  13. #43
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,414
    ...They said that no matter what they would find it ...
    Are they actually wanding (metal detectors) people going into church now-a-days?

    Explain to your sheep that the Lord (the Good Shepherd) told the 12in Luke 22:36--- "He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.."

    The actual Greek of the time of writing would translate to short sword... the equivalent of todays handgun (compaerd to a long gun).


    I'd love to hear their response to that?

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array Curt58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    546
    I would have been real tempted to scratch my head with my spare magazine.....

    I would have resisted, but I would have been REAL tempted!!!!!!!!!

    I carry everywhere legal. The Wife and I were in the Bank the Friday and she brushed my side and gave me this funny look. Like, "Oh No you don't have your gun with you do you???"
    I smiled at her. She, after all, had a large amount of cash with her for a deposit. She does not see the need, but I do.

    I was in Church this morning packing!

    It's better they don't know you carry when they are around.
    Remember the Lady Dr. at Luby's in Kilgore who left her gun in her car during Dinner just that one time.
    She had no idea that little action would end up costing her her parents.

    We are the Sheep Dogs.
    We are unappreciated until the Wolves come to devour the Sheep.

    Think of it as your Superman Disguise. No one can know, unless there is a need for a phone booth.

  15. #45
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Probably there originally to protect the Meth stocks, and intimidate the escorts and attendents.
    That's a rather derogatory and uncalled for statement. Do you have something substantive to back it up?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Men not Sheep
    By ncsteveh in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 17th, 2010, 08:23 AM
  2. Sheep
    By Pro2A in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 24th, 2008, 04:00 AM
  3. Now this is a sheep dog.
    By Dakotaranger in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 4th, 2007, 12:26 AM
  4. Converting sheep to sheep dog
    By JungleJim in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 7th, 2006, 02:40 PM
  5. Sheep, Wolves and Sheep Dogs.
    By Geo2020 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM

Search tags for this page

madea hold your peace and let the lord which play

,

were to locate each security team member at church

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors