Help Defend CC

This is a discussion on Help Defend CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If someone stops a potential killer before he/she kills...how can we know what was in the BGs dark soul... So, how can one know if ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Help Defend CC

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array DaveJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    536
    If someone stops a potential killer before he/she kills...how can we know what was in the BGs dark soul...

    So, how can one know if a "mass killing" has been successfully stopped???

    Faulty logic...faulty question...something folks here understand, I know...

    But this opinion writer doesn't really care about it...does he...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    If someone stops a potential killer before he/she kills...how can we know what was in the BGs dark soul...

    So, how can one know if a "mass killing" has been successfully stopped???

    Faulty logic...faulty question...something folks here understand, I know...

    But this opinion writer doesn't really care about it...does he...
    I'm affraid you are correct sir. But hey, what color do all of you think we should have our capes? Should they be blue with big gold "CCW" on them too? I'm just about to "add to cart."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array ctsketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,319
    BY my estimate I have stopped 6 mass killings since May! I think some BGs saw me printing! CCW to the rescuuueeee!!!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

  5. #34
    Ex Member Array Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    908
    Since almost ALL mass shootings take place where none of the victims is likely to be able to effectively defend themselves with a firearm, obviously DETERRENCE plays a role.

    Mass killers are choosing places where there WON'T be guns. That means they're avoiding places where there WILL be guns.

    This was proven by the anti-Semitic shooter who considered and rejected a target (Wiesenthal Center?) because there were obvious armed guards.

    Gun free zones prevent mass shootings in the same way that chumming prevents shark attacks.

  6. #35
    VIP Member Array ctsketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Mass killers are choosing places where there WON'T be guns. That means they're avoiding places where there WILL be guns.

    Don't BGs go over that in Criminal-ism 101?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,217
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Don't BGs go over that in Criminal-ism 101?

    No, that's usually taught in the REMEDIAL class, usually taught in prison... AFTER they get caught the first time...

  8. #37
    Ex Member Array Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Don't BGs go over that in Criminal-ism 101?
    People mistake "crazy" for "stupid".

    Monsters like Cho Seung Hui and James von Brunn don't want to get into a gunfight. They want to shoot people, INNOCENT people, and as many as they can in as short a period of time as possible. Having potentially armed victims runs directly contrary to that goal.

    Only an imbecile would fail to note just how FEW of these sorts of attacks take place in police stations, in the presence of armed soldiers (the Ft. Hood shootings took place in a location with the LEAST chance of there being armed troops), in cop bars, at gunshows, etc.

  9. #38
    LMC
    LMC is offline
    Member Array LMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan's UP
    Posts
    28
    Another post for us here.

  10. #39
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,339
    Great posts guys! Dan puts an anti gun column out about weekly. He does it because columnists need controversial debate or no one reads their trash. He's either a total idiot or a crafty strategist baiting the topics. Either way, my intent is to share our position with his kool-aid drinking readers. Probably won't change them, but may expose the flawed perspective.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  11. #40
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036

    My latest post...

    to Dan's Blog on this Thread

    109.Dan

    I try again, based on your declaration that you are against legal concealed carry in bars ( @ 104 to Dawn).

    This thread started with Gerardo Regalado, the Florida guy who shot 7 women, killing 4 of them, at a Hialeah restaurant. You asked about any legal concealed carry stopping such " shooting rampages."

    This very example show the trick question to be a setup and it also shows where you are wrong about concealed carry in bars -- assuming that you really expect legal concealed carriers to stop such "shooting rampages."

    According to El Yoyito Restaurant Y Cafeteria - Hialeah, FL the Yoyito Restaurant in Hialeah sells beer & wine.

    According to FL law Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
    790.06
    ....
    any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages
    for consumption on the premises
    ....

    So, like nearly all mass shootings this one was in an "Unarmed Victim Zone."

    So, there could not have been any legally carrying concealed carry permit holders there to have stopped this shooting rampage. Hence the trick question is shown as what it is.

    Second this case is just another of the steady stream of such cases that shows why you are wrong about carry in restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. The criminal who was intent on breaking the law was not stopped by a no gun sigh or law. OTOH, the law (which you favor) set up the very "Unarmed Victim Zone" which assured that the criminal had a safe place for his shooting rampage -- by disarming his intended targets and leaving them at his mercy.

    Comment by DaveH — June 15, 2010 @ 1:19 pm
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

  12. #41
    Member
    Array rigel42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Great posts guys! Dan puts an anti gun column out about weekly. He does it because columnists need controversial debate or no one reads their trash. He's either a total idiot or a crafty strategist baiting the topics. Either way, my intent is to share our position with his kool-aid drinking readers. Probably won't change them, but may expose the flawed perspective.
    Yep good 'ol Dan just posted another one

    Retired teacher: Student with gun a symptom of our 'gun-crazy' culture

  13. #42
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036

    And yet another...

    post by me to the one this thread is about:

    112.Again, Dan a "tiny minority" of your occupation fabricating stories/columns has no more true reflection on the credibility of the media than does a "tiny minority" of criminal acts by CHP holders have a true reflection on the greater majority of CHP holders.

    True, you didn't ask for examples of massacres that were halted in bars. However, like this case (which you used to start this thread) nearly all such shootings happen in a "Unarmed Victims Rich Zone" or a " Safety Zone for Criminal" or a “Free-fire Zone for Deranged Killers” a.k.a “Gun Free Zone” -- which aren't "Gun Free" because criminals, by definition, don’t obey the law much less such signs.

    Whereas law-abiding CHP holders are disarmed and left defenseless.

    So, you quest for examples of law-abiding, disarmed, defenseless CHP holders stopping massacres in these “Free-fire Zone for Deranged Killers” is sophistic.

    See:

    WordNet Search - 3.0
    >>
    a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone.
    <<

    You need to acknowledge that the laws, which you tend to support, contribute to these very massacres by creating these soft targets of opportunity, which mass killers find attractive -- and by assuring that what you are asking for (e.g., mass killers being stopped by law-abiding CHP holders) is not going to happen.
    Comment by DaveH — June 15, 2010 @ 3:07 pm

    Wonder if he will call me "surly" again?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

  14. #43
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Come on folk join in.

    Here's my first shot:

    1.You ask, "So, how do countries where guns are banned protect life and property?"

    The answer is, "Not very well."

    Just take a look at Mexico & Jamaica. They've banned guns for years.

    or check out:

    The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

    >>
    Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

    Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.
    <<

    Comment by DaveH — June 15, 2010 @ 3:26 pm
    We need to shut the antis down on these blogs, IMHO.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

  15. #44
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,886
    Isn't it funny how he won't argue logic? A true master of stirring the pot but has no meat and potatos.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  16. #45
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Isn't it funny how he won't argue logic? A true master of stirring the pot but has no meat and potatos.
    How'bout a litle hep with the logic here folk.

    Everyone else posting so far is an anti.

    BTW, here's my last post:

    BTW -- I agree that
    >>
    A parent is responsible for what transpires in his house with his children 24/7. A parent is obligated to know what his children are "into" and "up to". He must know with whom his children associate and what they do at their friends' homes. Are the friends' parents vigilant? They, too, are responsible for their children and friends while under their roof.
    <<

    However, when we get to the "What should happen to the parents?" I suggest you not let hoplophobic emotion take over in place of reason.

    What should happen to the parents of a child who went for a bike ride w/o a helmet, and no one was hurt? What should happen to the parents of a child who went for an unsupervised swim in the back yard pool, and no one was hurt?

    Why should this case be any different?

    Before you let hoplophobic emotion take over, remember that more children die in bike accidents and backyard pool drownings that from guns.

    Comment by DaveH — June 15, 2010 @ 4:22 pm
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Best way to defend your home
    By tangoseal in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
  2. After You Defend Yourself......
    By Sig229 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
  3. CC for SD, not to defend others.
    By Thanis in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM
  4. I Defend a Gun I Don't Even Like
    By Euclidean in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: September 17th, 2006, 02:18 AM
  5. The best way to defend against a rapist
    By Bravo3 in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 15th, 2004, 02:11 AM

Search tags for this page

content

,

did gerardo regalado have a concealed carry permit

,

gerardo regalado concealed carry permit florida

,

gerardo regalado gun permit

Click on a term to search for related topics.