Help Defend CC - Page 4

Help Defend CC

This is a discussion on Help Defend CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My latest, June 15 @ 5:10 pm. Little bit different angle than just yelling at Dan. Some girl said that I was the problem....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help Defend CC

My latest, June 15 @ 5:10 pm. Little bit different angle than just yelling at Dan. Some girl said that I was the problem.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I realize that it will probably do no good to argue with people that don't have an ounce of common sense. But I think I'm falling for the drug that Dan has taken and am starting to get entertained by the lack thereof.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

They can't argue facts, statistics, logic, and reason. Jump on in, guys, the water's fine. We've got way more members here than they have regular bloggers there.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

No use arguing with HIM. he is just trying to stir the pot...but at least by posting there you might open the eyes of other readers
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Just commented
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

It's no more a question of crimes v. crime prevention than being able to say that you think Congress is a bunch of idiots or geniuses. The First Amendment is free speech, the Second is keeping and bearing arms. It's so clear. Like, crystal clear. The same document that lets this idiot spew whatever he wants to condemn us for carrying guns is the very document that lets us carry them.

It's like taking the statement, "the sky is blue" and then finding ways to interpret that to mean the sky is green. Sheesh.

Anyway, just posted my .02 cents.
    Last edited by WvHiker; June 16th, 2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot something

113."Ya know Mike, there are plenty of people like who who went out and did stuff with their dads like travelling, going to museums and theatre...all kinds of activities that didn't involve shooting things. Maybe it's people like you who are the problem, not us. Oddly, I don't consider going into the woods and blasting away a "real world" experience."

Kristen,
    You're right, I also believe that those are great things to do with good ol' Dad. For YOU. But nowhere will you find me ridiculing your interests or protesting museums. If you had read further, you could see that the "scam" was this...."then they grow up like you, with no common sense and expect everyone else to be just as ignorant." There are those that make and support laws and views that make absolutely NO sense factually given their intended purpose. People like this try to "scam" the public into believing that they are morally guilty somehow because they don't share the same interest. I respect the fact that you have your opinion but don't tell me that it is ME who is the problem. That seems to be the mindset of everyone who is ignorant to shooting activities for the law abiding citizen. They can't seem to get past the gun part, (the scary part) and realize that the REAL problem is the crininal. So, in my humble opinion, the fact that there are so many people out there that believe that it's the gun or the CCW or the law abiding citizen that is the problem, the longer the real problem will continue. And as you stated here..." Maybe it's people like you who are the problem, not us." I don't believe that either one of us are the problem. In my opinion it IS the many facets that shapes, allows and coddles the criminal.

Now if I were your dad, friend, husband or whatever, I am open-minded enough to try sitting in a theatre with you once. But in return, you would have to be willing to combine one of your interests with one of mine and we could TRAVEL to the shooting range together and then you could reconsider your "real world" experience comment. Just ask my daughter. It's not as scary as you may think and you may actually enjoy yourself and have it become a hobby. (Be fair now, you can't say that you wouldn't until you've tried it at least once with a competent, trustworthy teacher) So it's hard for me to sit and take criticizm of one of my interests from people who just have no clue on the subject and believe that we're just a bunch of cookie-cutter Rambos who want to do nothing more than scare the hell out of people and terrorize towns and then try to turn some kind of guilt trip on because there was a CRIMINAL out there that went nuts and killed people.

And lastly, we don't go to the woods or range to "blast" things. We go to the woods to hunt, (for those who hunt) and we go to the range to hone shooting skills and gun handling to improve safety which is #1. Dad never did teach me to shoot up a 7-11 at midnight so I guess that's why I'm either not dead or in prison.

My post here on June 13 @ 3:45 should illustrate for the most part, the views of actual CCW holders and how we value life and family. As I'm sure you do as well. Which is the reason that it is blatantly absurd to bring CCW holders as a group into the likelihood of being a group that is on the edge of comitting mass murder. Let's hope a chef somewhere out there doesn't stab anyone. And keep your eyes peeled for, "MECHANIC BEATS HIS FAMILY TO DEATH WITH A PIPEWRENCH AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT DECLARES ""WAR ON WRENCHES!"" Film @ 11.

I can see Dan's posts already.

------------------------------------

Kind of long-winded I know and I know I know, I spelled criMinal wrong once but.....

It was hard to mix defending RKBA / 2A with kindness but anyone want to give me a grade here? None of the anti's seem to want to argue any of my points. But I think Kristen likes me.

Good LOGICAL post Dave. However, you watch, I'm guessing that Dan is going to attack you here on this statement that you made.

"There should be no prior restraints on ANY Constitutional Right -- including the RKBA and to defend yourself with a firearm. NO constitutionally protected rights should even require a permit or license or training or proficiency test to exercise."

Here comes the driver's license comparison....or something similar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links